In 1997, the world saw the introduction of the first electric skateboard. It was fuel-powered, but the seeds had been planted. Electric Skateboards have become a commonplace item as we’ve moved into the technological era, thanks to advancements and upgrades. If you have one, it might be a fantastic method to show that you stay up with the times.
Despite the fact that we are at the height of technical progress, we still have a long way to go and more incredible advancements must be achieved. So, when it comes to electric skateboards, this new technology is incredible. It’s small, lightweight, portable, and fast. They do, however, have a glitch, just like every other electrical gadget. The battery life, to be precise.
When it comes to electric skateboards, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to get the most out of them. Meepoboard.com is a one-stop store for all things related to electric skateboards. They always serve the solution, no matter what the issue is. The problem with batteries is that they are designed to degrade over time. It’s not their fault; it’s a natural rule. Everything, like everything else, has a shelf life. And, if you look at it from a different angle, this is a fantastic property. We take additional precautions when we are afraid of losing something.
The Electric Skateboard Battery
Before you can learn how to extend the battery life of your skateboard, you must first understand what skateboard batteries are comprised of. These minor things are what rescue the day. Rechargeable batteries are used in electric skateboards. They’re small, safe, and have lithium-ion batteries. The battery can power the skateboard for up to 50 miles on a full charge if all circumstances are good.
Most lithium-ion batteries have a lifespan of 2 to 3 years. Following this, the battery’s health begins to deteriorate, and even when fully charged, they don’t give the greatest results, resulting in a decrease in skateboard performance.
So, without further ado, here are nine tips to maximize your electric skateboard battery life. If you keep them in mind, you will have a more enjoyable riding experience for a longer time.
- The batteries in electric skateboards are delicate. Always use the same manufacturer’s charger to charge your electric skateboard batteries. Using a charger from a different brand might shorten the battery life and make your riding experience less enjoyable. Although this isn’t always the case, compatibility must be adhered to.
In an emergency, check the charger’s voltage and compare it to your battery’s intake; otherwise, the battery’s life may be jeopardized.
- If lithium-ion batteries are properly maintained, they may endure anywhere from 300 to 500 charge cycles. The ions in the battery lose velocity after this, and the battery’s output decreases. This is dependent on the user’s frequency of use. So, around every three years, have a battery health exam.
- The weight of an electric skateboard is an important consideration that many people ignore. Putting on more weight than the recommended maximum places an additional burden on the battery, which will soon deplete the battery, putting a stop to the riding experience, whether for joy or for business. Always double-check the weight. Carry as little as possible. It’s best to travel light.
- Electric skateboards are now available in waterproof and water-resistant variants. However, this does not imply that you become irresponsible and fail to dry your skateboard. Make sure there is no dampness around the battery socket before charging. Dry it quickly before putting it to use. If water seeps into the battery compartment, it will immediately cause difficulties and slow down the electric skateboard.
- Not only must electric skateboard batteries be protected from humidity, but they must also be secured from other foreign substances such as sand, mud, and gravel stones. These microscopic particles are difficult to see with the naked eye, yet they may quickly penetrate gaps and begin the process of decomposing the element. Always clean the battery components with a dry cloth or a mild vacuum cleaner before charging to remove any foreign materials.
- The batteries are temperature sensitive since they include lithium-ion. As a result, keep your electric skateboard batteries charged at ambient temperature. When charging the batteries, extremes in temperature must be avoided.
- Don’t completely deplete the battery when using the electric skateboard. When a battery is charged from an empty state, it requires an excessive amount of lithium discharge, which reduces the battery’s overall life. Stop using the skateboard after the battery has been down to 20%. It’s for your own good.
- Overcharged lithium batteries should not be charged. It’s highly dangerous and hazardous. When a battery is overcharged, it might explode, injuring people or spreading fire. Over-discharge should be avoided at all costs. A less charged battery is preferable to one that has been overcharged.
- If you’re a frequent skateboarder, you might want to avoid this one. Otherwise, continue reading. If you ride your electric skateboard once in the moonlight, you must exercise additional caution. The most important piece of advice is to not leave your skateboard unused for too long. It is hard for those who live in snowy areas to use their skateboards.
So, there are two options:
a) play with your skateboard at home. Simply switch it on, use it sometimes, and then put it away correctly. This will prevent the ion from sitting idle for too long, and
b) while keeping the skateboard, keep the battery at 50% charge, as a fully charged lithium-ion battery degrades faster.
The Parting Words
Your electric skateboards’ power source is batteries. It’s the fuel that makes your life more enjoyable by allowing you to enjoy the thrill of riding. The electric skateboard would be nothing more than a conventional skateboard without them. As a result, ensure that it is properly cared for and maintained. It’s neither rocket science nor a difficult assignment to follow. These are straightforward guidelines that may be followed with ease and yield optimum results. Maintain a high level of swag and have fun!