If you are planning on vacationing in Curacao, there is a lot of fun things to do! There are amazing restaurants, great beaches, and exciting activities. This article will give you advice for making the most out of your Curacao vacation.
Curacao is an island in the southern Caribbean Sea, off the Venezuelan coast. Curacao is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, alongside other Dutch islands such as Bonaire and Sint Maarten. The people are very laid back suggesting a good time for visitors! If you want to visit Curacao you can read more here.
Things To Do
There are a variety of things to do in Curacao. Here is a list of places and activities for your vacation.
- Cas Abao Beach: This beach actually has multiple different beaches separated by cliffs and rocks. There is great snorkeling here, so be sure to bring your gear.
- Willemstoren: This is a very old lighthouse that was built for the slaves working on the nearby plantations. It now stands as a monument to Curacao’s history and culture.
- De Palm Island: You can take a half or full-day trip here! Enjoy snorkeling, sunbathing, and exploring this Caribbean gem.
- Isla Taboga: This island is part of Panama but considered by many to be an extension of Curacao. It offers great snorkeling opportunities and incredible views from above!
- Kralendijk Tour: For a small fee you can take a three-hour tour around the capital city of Kralendijk. Some stops include Boka Lighthouse, City Hall, and a Museum.
- Curacao Sea Aquarium: This is a must for kids! You can get up close and personal with sea life that has been rehabilitated after being injured.
- Exotics Racing: Want to go super fast? Try out exotic racing! There are various race packages you can choose from depending on your budget. The track is located around the island so you will get to see lots of different sights while driving.
- Dolphin Experience: Swim and play with dolphins in their natural environment at this highly-rated experience near the aquarium.
- Cas Abao Mini Golf: This 18 hole mini golf course lets you play through woods and water holes over obstacles and ponds. It’s a great way to spend the day!
- Curacao Liqueur Distillery: This is a great activity for adults and older kids (13 and up). You can make your own liqueur and even bring some home as souvenirs.
- Curacao Cruise Center: Here you will find cruise excursions for approximately $96 per person. Different packages include cruises ranging from two hours to five days around the island.
Restaurants To Try
There are many delicious places to eat in Kralendijk, Curacao’s capital city. Some of these restaurants include Anno Domini, Bistro le Clochard, Le Dome, Anacaona, and De Palm Island snack bar.
Shopping To Do
Curacao has many cool shops to check out while you are there! Some shopping centers include Port Marie Mall, Kaya Grandi, High Rise Shopping Center, Papagayo Arcade, Scharloo Shopping Center, and Aloe Vera Plaza. You can find everything from souvenirs to luxurious items at these venues. Be sure to bring your wallet!
There are many places in the city where you can buy Curacao-themed souvenirs for friends and family back home. One place, in particular, is called Aloe Vera Plaza. This plaza hosts a nice variety of souvenir items including scorpions on string (don’t worry they are made of plastic)! There are also Curacao liquor bottles, key chains, coasters, and masks available.
After you’ve taken home all your souvenirs why not pick out something nice for yourself? Some malls host high-end brands like Coach, Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Prada, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Adidas, Dell’Orefice, Salvatore Ferragamo.
If doesn’t feel like shopping in a mall you can visit Scappino Diamonds to browse their fine selection of diamonds! If you want to make the ultimate purchase this is definitely the place for you. You can get lost in diamond heaven with prices ranging from $1,000 and up! There is literally a sea of diamonds.
The Papagayo Arcade hosts many handicrafts that can be viewed and purchased in one place! You can find items such as shells, sand paintings (made from sand), carvings, woodwork items like puzzles, cutlery holders, trays, boxes, candleholders, utensils, etc.
Attractions To See
Boka Alto Vista
This lookout point offers beautiful views of the coast and clear blue waters. If you’re lucky you might catch a glimpse of pods of dolphins out there too! It’s great for sunsets.
This natural gem can be visited by both tourists and locals. It is a mile long and the rock formations are beautiful! The caves also host many bats so don’t forget to bring your flashlight if you go during dusk hours.
This historic lighthouse stands 226 feet tall and attracts thousands of visitors each year! You can visit different rooms in the building or climb up to the top for an incredible view!
Although this natural bridge has collapsed it remains a popular tourist spot because of its history and beauty! Hikers love to trek here for that reason too.
There are a lot of things to do in Curacao but the beaches are the highlight for us. Curacao is the home to great snorkeling which can be enjoyed by all ages! If you don’t have your own snorkel equipment, you can rent it at one of the kiosks on the beach. One of the most popular beaches is Eagle Beach, which is a great beach to watch the sunset at.
One of our favorite activities on Curacao includes going kayaking on a mangrove tour! This tour takes you through a saltwater estuary and into a freshwater river that leads back out to sea. You can even see some animals such as iguanas! Hato Caves are also very cool because they were formed from volcanic activity thousands of years ago! Visitors go on an hour-long tour in small groups led by guides, who share interesting facts about all aspects of these caves. As well as caves, there are many different tours through plantations and nature
Will all that, happy traveling!