Using a treadmill is a great way to stay fit and workout your entire body. There are innumerable health benefits of exercising on a treadmill that is super easy and convenient as well. Additionally, treadmill exercise is known to exert less pressure on the body as compared to other workouts. Also, if losing weight is one of your prime concerns, then a treadmill will be the best companion for the same. Click here to find the best portable treadmill.
However, if you are one of those who run on a busy schedule and do not have the time to visit the gym, get yourself a portable treadmill. They are easily available online in a lot of variants and choices. The benefit of having a treadmill at home is the convenience that it offers. Unlike the gym, you can decide when you wish to work out and additionally are your boss of the place. You are free to choose the workouts that work best for you. A portable treadmill is really a helpful device to those who wish to have flexibility with working out. This means that even if you reach home late, you can simply turn on the treadmill and get to your workout. In this article, we shall discuss the best and easy 7 treadmill workouts that you need to try today. Let’s go.
6 Convenient Workouts That Work Like Magic!
1. Walk The Hills
Alternate running and walking with this intense workout. First, remember to warm up as this step is important to signal your body for the upcoming workout.
Warm-up: Before we start with the HIIT treadmill work out, first we need to warm up. Either simple jog or brisk walk at 1% incline.
- 1 minute: Increase the incline to 2% and then walk for a minute.
- 1 minute: Next, reduce the incline to 1% and run at a low pace for another minute.
- 2 minutes: Now, increase the incline to 3% and walk for about 2 minutes.
- 2 minutes: Decrease the incline to 1% and then run for 2 minutes.
- 3 minutes: Increase the incline to 4% and then walk for 3 minutes.
- 3 minutes: Decrease incline to 1% and then run for 3 minutes.
- 4 minutes: Increase incline to 4% and then walk for 4 minutes.
- 4 minutes: Decrease to 1% and then run for 4 minutes.
- A complete workout with 5 minutes of jogging or walking.
2. 5-4-3-2-1 Workout
This is a fun treadmill workout with some variety to offer. With varied inclines, it puts your body to work and helps lose calories.
- 4 minutes: At 3.4mph, 3.6mph, 3.8mph, and 4mph perform each for 60 seconds.
- 5 minutes: Perform a hill run with an incline of 2%. For 30 seconds each, follow 4.4mph, 4.7mph, 5mph,
- 5.3mph, 5.6mph, 5.3mph, 5mph, 4.7mph and 4.4 mph.
- 90 seconds: Relax at 3.5mph with no incline
- 4 minutes: Tabata interval – 20 seconds at maximum speed. Repeat 7 times with a 10-sec rest.
- 3 minutes: Perform incline climb at 3.5mph – 30 seconds. Follow 6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 15%.
- 90 seconds: Relax at 3.5mph- no incline
- 2 minutes: Climb and sprint for 60 seconds at 6.5mph, 5% incline, 6mph at 4%.
- 90 seconds: Recovery at 3.2mph.
- 1 minute: Sprint with no incline at 7mph.
- 90 seconds: Recovery at 3.5mph.
- 30 seconds: Sprint at highest speed
- 3 minutes: Cool down
3. Power Treadmill Workout
This treadmill workout is a routine exercise that is great for arms, legs, and core muscles. For the best training results visit exilegear.co.uk.
- 5 minutes: First warm up. Either walk or jog.
- 1 minute: Keep a steady pace
- 1 minute: Sprint for a minute
- Repeat work out for 6-10 times while alternating between steady-state pace and sprint.
- 5 minutes: Cool down
4. Treadmill Strength Workout
This treadmill workout aims at your core muscles and builds strength.
- 5 minutes: Warm up by jogging or walking
- 1 minute: With a 1% incline, maintain a steady pace.
- 1 minute: Maintain a steady pace at 2%.
- 1 minute: Maintain a steady pace at 1%.
- 1 minute: Maintain pace at 3%
- Alternate by 1% at every 1 minute. Perform the work out till you reach the highest incline on the treadmill.
- 5 minutes: Cool off the body.
5. Runners Speedy Workout
As the name suggests, this is quick runners treadmills work out for those who love running. Though light on your body, it is effective in helping you lose weight.
- 5 minutes: First, warm up by walking or jogging.
- 30 seconds: Then perform strides (RPE 6+)
- 30 seconds: Recover by walking or jogging (RPE 6)
- 30 seconds: Strides at RPE 6+
- 30 seconds: Recover by walking or jogging (RPE 6)
- 1 minute: Perform jogging at 4% incline (RPE 7)
- 1 minute: Perform flat road recovery
- 2 minutes: Hard running
- 1 minute: Relax body
- 1 minute: Hard run
- 30 seconds: Perform sprint
- 2 minutes: Cool body
6. Treadmill Run
This fun treadmill workout is great for building strength.
- 5 minutes: First warm up your body for the workout. This step prepares your body for the workout.
- 0-8 minutes: Run at a speed of 6mph.
- 8-12 minutes: Boost speed to 6.5mph
- 12-15 minutes: Boost speed to 7mph
- 15-16 minutes: Boost speed to 7.5mph
- 16-18 minutes: Reduce speed to 6.8mph
- 18-19 minutes: Boost speed to 7.5mph
- 19-20 minutes: Reduce speed to 7mph
- 5 minutes: Allow your body to cool down. For the same, you can either simply walk or jog.
Aren’t these treadmill workouts interesting? So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a portable treadmill and achieve your dream body in no time. The only thing you should remember is to stay focused and consistent with your workouts. Never skip your exercise routine and follow it strictly. Additionally, the next important tip here is to follow a healthy and nutritious diet. Consume enough water throughout the day no matter how busy you are. These lifestyle changes will help you and your body in the long run. So if you are looking for a reliable gym equipment to lose weight, then consider getting yourself a portable treadmill.