Every day you hear or read about road accidents on television, in newspapers, or on the internet. Motorbike accidents are frequent and obvious when mortorbikers are hit by cars or heavy-loaded vehicles on freeways. However, truck accidents aren’t the same as car accidents. Damage occurs in both cases, but the severity may differ.
Crashes in truck mishaps are extremely severe than accidents between two passenger vehicles like cars and motorbikes. It can lead to death of the injured party or disability for life long. Getting compensation in a truck accident is complex.
The compensation is charged or claimed from the business because most trucks are temporarily tied up with businesses. This means the business may not take responsibility for the accident. In such cases, it’s advisable to appoint a truck accident advocate, who knows in and out of all procedures and can help in the optimum manner.
The Sutliff & Stout, PLLC, is an Injury and Accident Law Firm in Texas started by two partners Graham Sutliff and Hank Stout. They serve locations in Houston, Marble, Austin, San Angelo, Cleveland, Baytown, Sugar Land, Midland, Pasadena, Woodlands, and Galveston.. To know more about their justice system, check their website sutliffstout.com.
All highways and roadways have become dangerous for both commercial and regular vehicles. Many companies are using large or heavy-loaded trucks to deliver the shipment and receive inventories. They set a target for these truck drivers and the driver’s rush in speed and also bypass or overtake regular vehicles to deliver the shipment on time.
Sometimes, the drivers aren’t trained properly and are handed keys to the vehicle. While some are tired with the hectic schedule and doze off while driving on the road. Above all, most cases are the results of drink and drive.
Dealing with truck accident claims is extremely stressful. The truck companies and insurance companies will always try to save money, but settling with the injured party or by denying in the best manner. A good injury attorney will get the appropriate compensation that you deserve. The claim is not only about medical bills, but it is also about the physical and mental stress the injured party and the whole family undergoes.
Advantages of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
In a truck accident, many parties are involved like the truck driver, truck contractor, truck manufacturer, trucking company, and insurance company. Once you hire an attorney, they check all details minutely before concluding. They will identify the fault of all parties before taking any legal action.
Truck accident lawyers have assistants and connections in different departments. This helps those getting evidence conveniently. Their team will reach the accident spot and gather all evidence immediately. They can gather all documents, witnesses, proofs that help to make the other party accountable for the damage.
Using Best Strategies
After collecting all information and evidence, the attorney will examine the case properly. It helps them analyze and decide the best legal strategy which can give the best results. They will explore all options available and discuss with the injured party which will include proceeding at the trials, filing for insurance claims, negotiating for a settlement.
Dealing with Accused Party and Insurance Company
The business and insurance company uses a lot of strategies to deny the claim amount or to minimize it. They can try various techniques like forging the data, destroying evidence or recording your statement and using it against you, etc. However, your attorney will save you from all agitations. He or she will examine all evidence concretely, and submit a detailed letter to the insurance company with the approximate amount for the claim.
Complete Knowledge of Rules and Regulations
Truck accident advocates work on such cases every day. They know how the trials work and how the insurance companies and other businesses try to gain much. They’re also aware of all federal and state laws. This knowledge is used by the advocate against the accusers.
When your hire an advocate, it becomes their responsibility to handle everything from beginning till end. Most injury lawyers charge their clients after winning the case. An experienced attorney can protect your rights and handle all legal procedures, by keeping you in the loop.
How to Find a Good Truck Accident Advocate
- Check the reputation of the law firm and the attorney. The best of doing it is by checking their online reviews and getting few words from referrals.
- Good and reputed law firms often have their personal information floated online on search engines and social media. It is the best way of knowing their background, qualification, experience, and years of practice.
- An expert lawyer will have series of experts and connections that help in gathering, evidence, witnesses, medical documents, accidents related documents to build a case. You can ask the lawyer about their connections and experts and their experiences and how many times and years all of them have worked together.
- As discussed above, all businesses and insurance companies try to minimize the claim amount to completely deny it. Your lawyer should be smart and confident enough to handle such situations and get the best compensation by minimizing your responsibilities.
- To know how dedicated the law firm and attorney is you can check few things. The responsive attitude of the attorney and law firm after you contacted, did the lawyer call you on the same day or the assistant called, was the lawyer distracted with too many clients while talking to you, or was he or she concentrating on your case.
- Most injury and accident law firms believe in a contingency where they get paid from their client after winning the case. If the lawyer agrees to accept your case on this ground, that means there are possible chances of winning the case.
- You should be comfortable while communicating with the lawyer. They should listen to you, instead of just imposing their points. Don’t rush to the lawyer who contacts you first hand. They’re just gaining business by reading newspapers or learning from media.
To learn more about specific topic visit Exclusive Leads Agency.