One of the big stories of 2013 has been the rise of Mercedes as a force in F1 with wins and pole positions for Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton. And they are one of the favourites for 2014, when F1 moves to a new technology formula.
And now JA on F1 together with our partner UBS is delighted to offer readers the chance to go behind the scenes at the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team headquarters in Brackley, near Silverstone, to see how the team builds the cars and to ask questions.
We are offering 10 people the chance to tour the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS factory. And you’ll be accompanied by our own James Allen to give insights into any areas of interest you may have in current F1, including race strategy.
This site is all about bringing the fans closer to the sport and providing insight and this amazing opportunity will certainly do that!
We did a tour of the Brackley facility last year, just after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and the winners were amazed by the access they got: “It was amazing!” said Alex Manning. “I wasn’t expecting to actually be standing next to the cars from Abu Dhabi and speak to so many staff – the highlight was definitely the 49 mins with Jock Clear, absolutely fascinating insight into the world of F1. Brilliant experience.”
Refreshments will be served at the start of the event and there will be lunch afterwards.
The Tour takes place on Friday October 18th 2013, with arrival at 10-30am for an 11am start.
Entry is simple: Leave your name below and we will select ten winners at random on Monday 14th October at noon UK time. A post notifying the winners will be put up soon after.
Terms and conditions
– Prize does not include travel to and from Brackley, Northamptonshire.
– Competition is free to enter
– Only people excluded from entering are employees of other F1 teams, suppliers or competitors.
(i) you take part in the Event on your own account and at your own risk and liability;
(ii) you are aware of the potential hazards associated with your participation in the Event;
(iii) you will not be under the influence of drugs, medication or alcohol before or during participation at the Event;
(iv) you are completely healthy at the time of the Event and not suffering from any illness that may impair your ability to take part or interfere with or endanger your participation;
(v) you will adhere to all health and safety briefings provided by the Organiser;
The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any party from the Event immediately should such party contravene any of the above terms and conditions.
• Participation in the competition is open anyone aged 18 and over, save for employees and contractors of rival F1 teams, suppliers or competitors, who are not eligible to participate.
• The promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone it deems unsuitable or unable to take part.
• Winners may be required to submit valid identification and proof of age at any stage of the competition and/or before receiving their prize.
• The winners must confirm that they will be available to attend the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS factory on Friday 18th October 2013.
* Travel to and from the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS factory is at the winner’s own expense.
• By entering the competition, participants agree that their personal data submitted as part of the registration process will be stored and processed by the promoter as data controller in accordance with applicable data protection laws for the purpose(s) of administering/operating the competition.
• Any failure to adhere to these terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification from the competition.
The competition entry period is between 09-00AM GMT on 7th October 2013 and 12-00 PM GMT on 14th October 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
Winners will be notified by email and the names of the winners will be posted on the website www.jamesallenonf1.com