Welcome to the first JA on F1 podcast of 2013. As last year, we will be coming out every month throughout the F1 season, going behind the scenes of this fascinating sport, providing in depth analysis and behind the scenes insight, talking to the big names and introducing a wide cast of characters.
In this season build-up edition we have a packed podcast, as we head towards Melbourne:
* Mercedes set the pace as testing came to a close. But are they genuine contenders? And who is looking good? Former Williams chief engineer Mark Gillan, now JA on F1 Technical Adviser, analyses what we learned from the winter tests and runs the rule over the leading car and driver combinations.
* We’ll hear how Lewis Hamilton is settling into his new home at Mercedes
* And we catch up with the man who replaced Hamilton at McLaren, Sergio Perez. He tells us what his approach to the season will be.
* We pair up Mercedes’ Nick Fry with a top banking analyst in the automotive sector to discuss manufacturers in F1 and whether this is the right moment for Honda to re-enter F1. Fry also talks about the changes in the Mercedes F1 team.
* The tyres were the big talking point of last season – so what surprises will the 2013 models throw up this time? We speak to company president Marco Provera and to motorsport director Paul Hembery
* Five major companies have come into F1 as sponsors this winter, what does this trend mean? Leading sponsor finder Zak Brown has the answers.
As ever, please let us have your feedback. Remember you can subscribe to the JA on F1 Podcast on iTunes – and if you like it, please rate it.
No player? Download the podcast directly.
1.39 Mark Gillan – analysis of F1 testing, who’s looking quick this season
8.19 Lewis Hamilton on life at Mercedes
12.12 Sergio Perez on his approach to his first season at McLaren
17.39 Zak Brown on the influx of new sponsors to F1
22.22 Pirelli’s Marco Provera and Paul Hembery on what we can expect in 2013
29.25 Mercedes’ Nick Fry and UBS senior analyst Rolf Ganter on manufacturers and F1
36.52 Wrap up