Over the years on JA on F1 we have had some amazing competitions, aimed at bringing the fans closer to the sport, but now we have the best one ever.
Thanks to our partner UBS we have the opportunity for eight lucky readers to go to the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team headquarters in Brackley, England on Thursday November 28th to drive on the team’s simulator.
Top team’s F1 Simulators are very sophisticated, expensive and normally top secret, only the drivers and very special guests get to see them, let alone drive on them.
But we have been given a day for our group to get to grips with driving a real F1 simulator, the very one that Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg use to develop the Mercedes F1 car and to learn new circuits and new technologies, like the 2014 powertrain.
And if you are one of the lucky eight, you’ll also have the chance to have a detailed tour of the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 factory, when you are not driving on the simulator. You can get an idea of what a simulator does from this video we shot a few years ago, although the Mercedes one is much more advanced, it gives a flavour of the experience. Simulator video
The competition is free to enter by leaving your name in the comments section below (make sure to sign in using a legitimate email address so we can contact you if you win!) and winners will be picked at random and notified on Thursday 21st November, giving them a week to organise travel.
Gaming experience is not required for entry, but please do mention any gaming experience you have when making your entry, if you think it’s interesting to share.
The itinerary for the day is below.
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Simulator Day Programme
9:30 Arrival at the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Operations Centre – Refreshments available
9:45 Briefing on activities
10:00 Group 1 to participate in Simulator driving (3 to 4 guests)
Group 2 to tour the Operations Centre
12:30 Groups to join back together for lunch in the Simulator Lounge
13:30 Group 2 to participate in Simulator driving (3 to 4 guests) Group 1 to tour the Operations Centre
15:30 Groups to join back together for debrief in the Simulator Lounge; afternoon tea to be served
Terms and conditions
– Prize does not include travel to and from Brackley, Northamptonshire.
– Competition is free to enter
– Only people excluded from entering are employees of other F1 teams, suppliers or competitors.
(i) you take part in the Event on your own account and at your own risk and liability;
(ii) you are aware of the potential hazards associated with your participation in the Event;
(iii) you will not be under the influence of drugs, medication or alcohol before or during participation at the Event;
(iv) you are completely healthy at the time of the Event and not suffering from any illness that may impair your ability to take part or interfere with or endanger your participation;
(v) you will adhere to all health and safety briefings provided by the Organiser;
The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any party from the Event immediately should such party contravene any of the above terms and conditions.
• Participation in the competition is open anyone aged 18 and over, save for employees and contractors of rival F1 teams, suppliers or competitors, who are not eligible to participate.
• The promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone it deems unsuitable or unable to take part.
• Winners may be required to submit valid identification and proof of age at any stage of the competition and/or before receiving their prize.
• The winners must confirm that they will be available to attend the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS factory on Thursday 28th November 2013.
* Travel to and from the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS factory is at the winner’s own expense.
• By entering the competition, participants agree that their personal data submitted as part of the registration process will be stored and processed by the promoter as data controller in accordance with applicable data protection laws for the purpose(s) of administering/operating the competition.
• Any failure to adhere to these terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification from the competition.
The competition entry period is between 14-00pm on Sunday 17th November 2013 and 9am GMT on Thursday 21st November 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
Winners will be notified by email and the names of the winners will be posted on the website www.jamesallenonf1.com