Posted on October 15, 2013
XPB.cc

JA on F1 together with our partner UBS has been running a competition this past week, offering 10 lucky readers the chance to go behind the scenes at the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team headquarters in Brackley, near Silverstone, to see how the team builds the cars and to ask questions.

The winners will be accompanied by our own James Allen to give insights into any areas of interest you may have in current F1, including race strategy, driver moves and more. The tour takes place on Friday October 18th, starting at 10-30am.

We’ve had a fantastic response, with 1,125 entries in a week.

The 10 winners, selected at random, are:

Kate Rawlinson
Ed Ratcliffe
Nipun Kulreshtha
Deborah Chalcroft
Howard P
Martin Edmunds
Robert Nurnberg
Nicola Smith
Mike Hannan
Neil Morton

They have already been informed.

We look forward to seeing them on Friday at the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team base in Brackley.

Thanks to everyone else for entering. Keep your eyes on JA on F1 in the coming weeks – we have another fantastic competition coming up soon, giving fans an opportunity to get closer to the sport.

Tags:
Announcing the winners of Behind the scenes Mercedes Factory Tour competition
35 Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Sebee
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

Hey winners, no Secret Tire Test jokes on the tour! :-)

Javier Marcelo Reply:

Sebee, Im getting used to your sense of humour. You probably would do it!!!

Sebee Reply:

I’d simply keep my black Schuberth QM1 motorcycle helmet on for the entire tour…you would never even know it was me all along.

Flying lap Reply:

And you would go unnoticed, for sure!!!

2.   2. Posted By: Robert N
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

I cannot express how happy I am! Really looking forward to the factory tour and, of course, to finally meeting you in person!

Cheers,
    Robert

3.   3. Posted By: Random 79
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

Congratulations everyone :)

Just keep in mind that Mercedes will notice if an F1 car goes missing ;)

4.   4. Posted By: Matthew Green
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

well it was not me then , got all excited about the announcement :(

5.   5. Posted By: Truth or lies
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

Congratulations to all I hope you have a great day.

Now when is the next competition starting…

James Allen Reply:

Soon and it’s mind blowing!

Sebee Reply:

I call dibs on the Austin Paddock Club Passes!

…just in case that’s it, so everyone is aware.

Phil Alloy Reply:

Yes, James. Looking forward to one of these contest winnings being in the US so we colonials finally get something on the home front.

Random 79 Reply:

…and then all the Mexicans can win ;)

Sebee Reply:

Random,

I won’t turn down Brazil Paddock either. It’s just a short hop and skip away too.

I think Brazil is a bit light on ticket sales this year. Unfortunate really if that is so. Why just a few days ago I got an official Interlagos offer for Senna Grandstand, plus 4 nights **** hotel and to/from circuit transfer for 1400 Reas if I remember right. That’s like flight plus $650 per person for F1 and extended weekend in Sao Paulo. If you have to buy equipment before, camping could be more expensive! :-)

6.   6. Posted By: Aleksandar
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

You got to love the names, all generic westerners….and add an Indian to not be so conspicuous.

Basil Reply:

Well, this is an England-based site isn’t it? How would you react if an Indian-based site would announce a winners list full of Russian names?

James Allen Reply:

It’s actually now around 38% UK readers, the rest of the world has grown a lot in the last 12 months

Cliff Reply:

That makes sense James.
    I was on another site recently when the debate was getting out of hand (insults towards Drivers and each other). Suddenly out of nowhere one of the posters made the comment, “if you want to get some real F1 news and insight, try jamesallenonf1″. Not sure we want the insults, but its good to know that your readership reaches many corners of the F1 world.

PS: Will the book be ready for christmas?

James Allen Reply:

Yes, working on the chapters now

Sebee Reply:

JAonF1 conquered by world! Let’s take this site to the next level. How can we be early investors? Based on GroupOn valuation JAonF1 is easily worth 750M USD today.

ChimpSafari Reply:

I call for a RM style share sale. Now how do I get my bid in?

Random 79 Reply:

He’d break out the vodka of course! :)

7.   7. Posted By: Deborah Chalcroft
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

Absolutely delighted to have been picked! And can’t wait for Friday! HUGE thank you.

8.   8. Posted By: Duncan Conway
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

Congrats guys, I managed to get a tour of Caterham F1 back in March and that was awesome so it’s going to be a fantastic day for you all.

Thanks to James and his team too for the opportunity.

9.   9. Posted By: Alberto Martínez
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

One suggestion for future competitions: I think for foreign people like me, it would be great to have more time between the announcement of the winners and the day of the visit.

Bear in mind that in a short period of time we need to purchase flights, book accomodation and learn how to get to the factory and the best mean of transport to do it. Besides, prices tend to be more expensive if you try to buy them with only a few hours to the arrival date. A worst case scenario would be for overseas people.

I hope this suggestion don´t sound rude or ill-mannered. This competition is probably the best one I´ve ever take part in. Thanks for providing such a great opportunity

Best wishes.

deci1668 Reply:

10.   10. Posted By: Grant H
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

Totally jealous

I have to say this is the best f1 site on the web, keep up the great work

11.   11. Posted By: Eduardo Owen
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

next time :-( I guess

12.   12. Posted By: Graham Kenny
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 10:16 pm

Congrats to the the winners. Have a great day.

13.   13. Posted By: Cliff
        Date: October 15th, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

Don’t get jealous very often, but I am tonight.

congrats to the winners.

14.   14. Posted By: TGS
        Date: October 16th, 2013 @ 12:52 am

What about the 300,000th comment James?

James Allen Reply:

We’ve passed 300,000 now and I’ll be sending a prize to the winner.

15.   15. Posted By: Howard P
        Date: October 16th, 2013 @ 2:53 am

…. I won…. woah.

Random 79 Reply:

Terms and conditions – general Obligations

(iii) you will not be under the influence of drugs

Hmmm…

16.   16. Posted By: Nicola Smith
        Date: October 16th, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

I won! Wahoo.
    Absolutely can’t wait. So excited

17.   17. Posted By: TRS
        Date: October 16th, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

Didn’t win. Repeating to myself over and over, ‘I’m not too disappointed. I’m not too disappointed …’