Posted on June 1, 2012
Darren Heath

It’s been an extraordinary season of F1 racing, with six different winners in six races.

There’s every chance that we could get a seventh in Montreal, as Lewis Hamilton’s McLaren, Michael Schumacher’s Mercedes and the Lotus cars should all be competitive there.

But who will be the first driver to win a second race this season?

Give us your guess in the comments section below. When a driver achieves a second win, we will go back and pick one of the correct answers at random and award a nice F1 prize.

I’ve done an in depth audio interview with Lotus F1 Trackside Operations Director Alan Permane for the June edition of the JA on F1 podcast. Check it out: It will be posted later today

Tags:
Who will be the first two times Grand Prix race winner in 2012?
481 Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Seán Craddock
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

I’m going to guess that Hamilton will be the first double winner, he’ll b the 7th DIFFERENT winner in 7 races and also win in Silverstone

Jorge Reply:

Check your stats, Hamilton has yet to win a race, but he has 2 poles to his name, look at:

I think it is time for Schumi to win Canada that will make it 7 different winners in 7 races. and then the season will just explode!

Seán Craddock Reply:

what do you mean check my stats? I gave no stats in this post? Unless you count the 7 different winner bit as a stat, which I could check 100 times and still be sure that it would be true if he wins in Canada

What are your correcting me on???

MattNZ Reply:

I think he is suggesting that if you check Hamilton’s stats from last year, that those two tracks you mention are not Hamilton’strengths…whereas Schumacher in Canada is a strong possibility.

Alanis Morisette Reply:

The OP stated Hamilton will win Canada, thus giving him one win. If he then wins Silverstone, with a Lotus or someone who hasn’t already one a race, he will have two wins and be the only one to have done that. The first reply was from someone who didn’t understand that simple scenario, and your reply is equally confused

Wayne Reply:

Yup, I’d go with Hamilton as well. Once he starts I dont think he’ll be stopped too easily.

Wayne Reply:

I’ll also say what I have said before here and been shot down in flames for. This season has no story. An F1 season needs a narrative, a beginning, middle and an end with a rivalry thrown in for the main protagonists to overcome. This season has none of that, it appears to be a lottery, it doesn’t matter if that is really the case, it seems to be. There is no way that the tyres are not the main factor in this lottery, they do not allow the best drivers to shine, rather they limit them.

Now that even the drivers and F1 insiders are saying the same thing will this post be any better received or will it be shot down again?

Richard D Reply:

So could not the ‘story’ of this year be that it’s a tyre lottery?

Ivan Reply:

I couldn’t agree more. So they must shoot us both :)
    By the way, I went down thinking that avenue after the forth race. The tyres made a mock of this season. Only Pirelly still fails to see it..

Paul Kirk Reply:

Don’t forget, Wayne, that as Alonso said, all the cars are getting close in terms of performance due to the rules being constantly changed, or every new developement being banned! And of course the drivers can’t be race drivers any more, since theyve got to conserve fuel/tyres/engines etc. I agree the tyres are definately creating what I consider an undesirable effect on the cars/teams/drivers/results, but banning of the F duct/ddd/blown difuser/engine mapping/exhaust position/flexable wings/flexable floors/etc.,etc., are also having an effect. It must be very frustrating to be a F1 car designer/team/driver at this time because everythig is so limited that they can/can’t do. And the drivers are being given all sorts of penalties, sent to the back/demoted ten/five places/drive throughs/stop and gos/being penalised for something that happened last week/etc.
    Maybe it’s time to start again with a blank sheet and a much thinner rule book!
    The new engines for 2014 will probably stir things up a bit, but by then of course, Merc’s air bleed system and McLaren’s adjustable brake vents will be banned and they’ll have a more stringent rules for exhaust exits and drs, not to mention roll cages.
    Oh well I suppose it gives us something to moan about!
    PK.

Wayne Reply:

Nice response Paul Kirk, the blank sheet of paper theory sounds rather nice but then I recall that I have always complained that there are too many rule changes in the past! It must be a very hard job to be the FIA, constantly doing battle against teams that knowingly push beyond the spirit of the rules at every opportunity while balancing the sporting interests against the commercial ones (and the commercial ones win out far too often in my opinion – we see it in the way penalties are awarded and technical directives are passed out etc).

Wayne Reply:

Richard D, no the ‘lottery’ is not a valid story, it has no strcuture. Who on earth would read a novel or watch a film without a rivalry of some sort, for example. The plot of this season is far to ‘busy’ and has no focus. There is no-one to hate, no one to feel sorry for, no momentum to get behind, no gradual building of suspense. It’s a massive car crash of a story (pardon the punn).

Sumanth Reply:

Unfortunately for him, he does start but the guys in the pit ensure that they botch up the job. Hamilton wont win unless Mclaren get their act together.

scott printup Reply:

First 2 time winner: Rosberg

Andrew C. Reply:

hi;
    my choice as well….

I had Nico selected as the race winner for Monaco and he made it a tidy 2nd place finish. There is something about his driving and the car this year that looks very steady and competitive.

regards,
    Andrew C.

Rob T Reply:

Agreed

The MERCS will be fast in Canada so I think it will happen there for Nico, the Lotus cars may spoil that party though

Kay Reply:

Jorge, the OP did say:
    “he’ll b the 7th DIFFERENT winner in 7 races and also win in Silverstone”

Thus double from next race and Silverstone onwards.

Jorge Reply:

Right on, it is a valid answer then.

Sergio Reply:

Giving what button did last year im going to gamble and put button as my choice. However nico seems on good terms witht he car now and mercedes should be strong in canada, but hamilton just has so much raw speed so he is definitely a contender.

This year is so unpredictable that alonso, raikkonen, or vettel could also win it. 7th winner in my opinion will be raikkonen :)

2.   2. Posted By: Stephen Rose
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

It’s got to be Hamilton. A win is well overdue. He’s driving well, just needs a bit of luck. I’m sure that Mclaren will sort out the pit stop blunders, it’s more their strategy calls that worry me. Fingers crossed it all comes together this time.

3.   3. Posted By: Jonathan De Andrade
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:20 pm

Lewis Hamilton

4.   4. Posted By: Axel
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

Nico Rosberg, already at the next race in Montreal!

kowalsky is back Reply:

are the hamilton fans out of their minds?!!! He must win two in a row, and that’s very unlikely in a team that needs to find improvement in various areas where it is lacking behind.
    I agree with axel. rosberg will win in canada, eventhough i consider hamilton a better pilot than the german. But let’s not forget every driver needs a team to be able to win, and today mercedes is better than mclaren.

James Clayton Reply:

I think Hamilton voters (and I don’t believe that are *all* fans) are aware that he’ll need to win 2 races. They obviously believe he can do that.

And it doesn’t have to be 2 in a row. I’ll let you work that one out for yourself…

Marc Reply:

If not two in the row than that would take us to eight different winners in the first eight races. Seems unlikely but not impossible. Marc

Tornillo Amarillo Reply:

ROSBERG, it’s a Rosberg momentum.

Besides that, I don’t want to acknowledge Alonso has more chances to win again…

Carlos Reply:

I agree. The Mercedes should be good next race, and I expect Schumacher’s bad luck to continue.

Francisco Reply:

the odds are with nico in canada

5.   5. Posted By: Marco Pizzuti
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

ALONSO !!!!

Forza Ferrari !!

Stuart Harrison Reply:

+1 Got to be Alonso. If he can win when he’s driving a dustcart, he can win with the car Ferrari are ever-improving.

Paul Kirk Reply:

It’s funny that everyone’s rubbishing the Farrari this season, but what’s wrong with it? The car and team must be doing something right otherwise they wouldn’t be leading the championship!
    PK.

Warren Groenewald Reply:

“They” dont lead the championship – Alonso does. Before the improvements Massa was nowhere and if they had two drivers of his caliber Ferrari would be fighting Caterham for 10th.

It’s very clear that while the car was competitive on a full fuel load before, it was also very difficult to drive, the reason Massa has struggled so much.

Onko Reply:

Spot on,Alonso will be hard to beat,history
    shows Canada being a hapy ground for Ferrari.
    However do not be suprise a seventh winner
    emerge in the form of F.Massa I think he will
    come trumps.

Spinodontosaurus Reply:

I too, think Fernando Alonso.

Massa was strong in Canada last year, if the Ferrari is strong there this year than who knows!

Xman Reply:

Fernando!!!!’

6.   6. Posted By: Gary Argent
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

Jenson Button!

fullthrottle Reply:

Jenson Button.

Doug Reply:

He’s got a point to prove that he’s not lost it.

Kay Reply:

A point only, no more. So that’s a 10th place on the finish line.

Richard D Reply:

I wish, but don’t expect!

7.   7. Posted By: Edward Clarke
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

8.   8. Posted By: JC
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

Alonso.

9.   9. Posted By: Bob Smith
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

Lewis Hamilton

10.   10. Posted By: hero_was_senna
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

My heart says Alonso, but I don’t think Ferrari will be right at the front till around the British GP.
    I can see Lewis or Lotus winning in Canada.
    So I’m going to go for Mark Webber in Valencia.

11.   11. Posted By: anil
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

I’m gonna say Rosberg (most likely winning in Canada).

It hurts to say that though, being a massive Michael fan, however i just know something will go wrong next weekend again!

12.   12. Posted By: Alex Corps
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

I think it will be Jenson Button in Montreal!

13.   13. Posted By: Frank Oosterhuis
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

Fernando Alonso.

14.   14. Posted By: Matthew Frost
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

Lewis Hamilton

15.   15. Posted By: Nicky Santoro
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

Alonso perhaps…

Let’s see. I am enjoying the so called lottery. Seeing Alonso up there is, as you say, a hint that a lottery it is not… at least not so much as some point to.

Congratulations for the fabulous site. You sir are a very good and clear writer.

16.   16. Posted By: Paulo SPS
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

I think it will be Alonso, but not in Montreal

17.   17. Posted By: Chris of Adelaide
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

My heart says Mark Webber but I think Alonso is looking very good at the moment so im going to have to say him.

Lezza Reply:

C’mon Chris, keep your nerve.

Chris of Adelaide Reply:

lol

Smeghead Reply:

Stuff it, I’m going to go with Webber. He’ll have gotten a decent confidence boost both from his first win on the season and from the fact that his teammate isn’t walking away with everything like last year.

It might be unrealistic, but it’d be great to see him do the WDC, too.

aj Reply:

I concur!, Thumbs up for that!.

Paul Kirk Reply:

Good on yar, Mate, me too.
    Go Mark!
    PK.

Michael Reply:

I cant see why its unrealistic for the WDC. He’s been far better against than vettel so far this season and red bull has as good a chance as any team this year.

Craig Reply:

My money is on Webber

[Reply]

18.   18. Posted By: d.h.
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

Lewis Hamilton.

19.   19. Posted By: Dmitry
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

I know, everything is against my choice, but I crossed my fingers for Lewis Hamilton.

BUT. If It’s up to McLaren to provide him with the good car and flawless pit work.
    If they fail… wellm I hope it won’t come to this.

20.   20. Posted By: Brett Williams
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

I can’t believe how well Alonso is going considering the pre-season form of the Ferrari. As they continue to bolt on updates I would probably put my money on him. My heart would love if it was Webber, but I would choose Alonso…

Lezza Reply:

Brett, keep your hand on your heart.

Brett Williams Reply:

Okay, so what have I won??!

21.   21. Posted By: Pman
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

IMHO, In Canada it will be a Mercedes win due to the track nature.
    So it’s Rosberg or Schumacher

22.   22. Posted By: RobertS
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

Lewis Hamilton

23.   23. Posted By: drarpad
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

Hamilton :-)
    Will take 2 wins in the next 3 races..

Wild Man Reply:

This begs the question. Who will win the other race?

Brace Reply:

You fail to see the conundrum you created! :)
    Your statement implies that we will see 8 different winners in the first 8 races.
    Even though I enjoy to thrill and I don’t think it’s too far fetched, I still think there’s a bigger chance that one of the next two races will be won by someone who already won a GP this year. That said, I can see Hamilton, Kimi and Grosejan all having a very realistic chance of winning one of the next two rounds, so your prediction might not be all that impossible, even though I think it’s the less likely scenario of two.

24.   24. Posted By: Jens Jensen
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

Alonso.

The car is coming right and he’s got talent. I don’t think it’ll happen in Canada though; I think and hope we’ll see 7 in 7!

25.   25. Posted By: KS
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Alonso

26.   26. Posted By: stoic little
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Alonso

27.   27. Posted By: Sheetal
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

Alonso!

28.   28. Posted By: David Goss
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

Bold prediction: Lewis Hamilton.

He had a messy 2011, but to his credit he hasn’t put a foot wrong so far this season – bad luck and team errors have prevented him from winning, but I don’t think it’ll last.

29.   29. Posted By: Ian Lawrence
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

Hi James,
    I think my money will be on Rosberg to get the first second win this season and he will probably do it at Montreal. That track will suit the Mercedes very very well. I would love to see Button do it but it seems that Mclaren are going backwards at the moment.

Ian Lawrence

Kay Reply:

Mercedes will certainly do very well… in quali.

Race they still are a tiny bit off.

30.   30. Posted By: Breezyracer
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

Given that we’re headed to Canada, I would choose Rosburg. Certainly Mercedes should be able to start on pole and Rosburg has shown he knows how to win from pole.

31.   31. Posted By: Sebee
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

No 2 time winners this weekend.

We’re going old school in my neck of the woods.

Schumi or Kimi are winning this one! We keep the streak going.

Sebee Reply:

I’m the first one to Kimi?

How could you let this happen Icefans?

32.   32. Posted By: Ant
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

its got to be Alonso

33.   33. Posted By: Ez Pez
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

Jenson!! I hope! Wouldn’t surprise me if it was alonso who was first to score win number two though.

34.   34. Posted By: mike davis
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

Lewis Hamilton

35.   35. Posted By: Phil Jones
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

For no real reason other than wanting a punt at winning the unknown price I’d say Rosberg.

36.   36. Posted By: Darren lee
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Mark Webber

37.   37. Posted By: Jesus
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

I´d say Hamilton. He has the best car and is better than Button so I can´t think of one reason why he won´t win the next 2 races.

38.   38. Posted By: ElenaF1
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

Alonso. I’m sure. ;-)

39.   39. Posted By: Tim Rowe
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

I’m tipping Hamilton for a win at Montreal, and a strong showing from the Renaults. And being that the next round is Valencia, zzzz…

hero_was_senna Reply:

Renaults?
    I’m guessing you mean the team that morphed from Renault into Lotus.
    Or maybe you mean any Renault engined car?

Tim Reply:

I still have it in my head that Lotus is the Renault team. The whole Lotus farce and confusion it caused trying to figure out who was who last year just meant it was easier to keep remembering ‘Renault’, with ‘Lotus’ being Caterham.

Can’t say that little drama didn’t hurt the sport :(

40.   40. Posted By: Galapago555
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

Fernando Alonso.

41.   41. Posted By: aheadless
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

Sebastian Vettel

42.   42. Posted By: Thynaks
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

43.   43. Posted By: Anthony
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

44.   44. Posted By: Stephen Metcalfe
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

I reckon Alonso stands the best chance – the Ferrari machine tends to pick up the pace about this time of the year. Button (and McLaren) don’t seem to be able to get it together on race day, and although the Red Bulls remain extremely competitive, Alonso has been a consistent performer. I’m not an Alonso man these days, but he deserves my vote this time.

45.   45. Posted By: Jamie Fitzroy
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

Michael Schumacher for sure.

46.   46. Posted By: Flintelli
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

Alonso

47.   47. Posted By: dim23
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Sebastian Vettel.

48.   48. Posted By: Alvaro
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:51 pm

Fernando Alonso! :)

49.   49. Posted By: Haydn Lowe
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

This season, above any I can remember for a long time, the driver is making the biggest difference to the results. On that basis, the driver who is driving better than all the others is Alonso, so I believe he will be the first double winner.
    However, I do believe there will likely be at least one other different winner first – with Schumi, Hamilton and the speedy Lotuses yet to win I can’t believe there won’t be!

50.   50. Posted By: Qamar
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

i so much hope so for Alonso .. but i guess ill opt for Vettel this time .. for this competition .

51.   51. Posted By: Steve Hopkinson
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

Maldonado! (Someone had to pick him…)

hero_was_senna Reply:

Damn, I’d already forgotten about him!

52.   52. Posted By: Paul Lewis
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

I’m going for Button. In Canada. In the rain!

53.   53. Posted By: Qamar
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

But who will be the first driver to win a second race this season?

Definitely Vettel . i guess.

54.   54. Posted By: Andrew Kirk
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

Either Alonso or Webber for their second win methinks. Alonso can drag that Ferrari anywhere and Webber is always stronger after a good result.

Either Hamilton or Kimi to get their first win. Imagine the look on Lewis’s face if both Schumacher and Kimi win a race before him… that will not go down well.

55.   55. Posted By: KKJ
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

I think Michael will take it, he has won there 7 times and finished 4th last year. He has tasted some level of success in Monaco and knowing Michael this will spur him on even more knowing he has a car now to deliver.

56.   56. Posted By: Mark Roberts
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

Rosberg (although I’m willing Schumacher to win!) as I think Mercedes will be very strong in Canada.

57.   57. Posted By: Raja Sen
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

The first driver to win a second? Alonso.
    But it’ll only happen after Schumacher wins one, ideally in Montreal.

58.   58. Posted By: Steven Pritchard
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

Only one driver at McLaren these days?

James Clayton Reply:

Seems like it from the last few races :)

Steven Pritchard Reply:

Like last year then?

James Clayton Reply:

Yup. Pretty much.

Jugraj Reply:

Moreover, 5-0 in qualifying to Lewis.

Kay Reply:

Not so much different to Ferrari eh? :D

59.   59. Posted By: Seymour Quilter
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

Alonso…. He is a master of consistency and will win again I’m sure….

60.   60. Posted By: Steve
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

I hope Schumi is the 7th winner!

Surely his bad luck has to end sometime.
    (providing Grosjean keeps away!)

MikeM Reply:

Im rolling out on the 7s.
    7th different driver in the 7th race by the 7 times world champion

61.   61. Posted By: Andy Smith
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

I think it will be Rosberg, it would be good for him to not only win his first race but be the first to get 2 this season.

62.   62. Posted By: Dave
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:06 pm

I am going for Alonso, but not in Canada.

63.   63. Posted By: Hisham Akhtar
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:06 pm

Alonso

64.   64. Posted By: F430-Fox
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Alonso – he is the most consistent driver currently

65.   65. Posted By: Andrew J
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Jenson Button.

Hopefully in Canada.

66.   66. Posted By: Darren munford
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Easy . Wait . Picking name from hat . Winner Button.

67.   67. Posted By: Jonathan Kelk
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Vettel is my prediction.

Jonathan Kelk Reply:

With so many people picking him though, I would have been better tactically to go for Karthikeyan – it’s very unlikely to happen, but if it did I’d be guaranteed the prize!!

Never mind, I’ll stick with Vettel I think ;)

Has anyone picked “no-one” yet, i.e. 20 different winners this year?

68.   68. Posted By: Eric
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Vettel.

69.   69. Posted By: Ollie Holland
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

Surely has to be Rosberg. Merc in Montreal…

70.   70. Posted By: Chris
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

Rosberg.

Even though I want it to be Jenson.

71.   71. Posted By: Grey Accountant
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

OK, let`s thow a spanner in the works

- Maldonado

(Bet I`m the only one who sayes that!)

Martin Reply:

Bet you aint :D

72.   72. Posted By: Phil James
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

Fernando Alonso Díaz

73.   73. Posted By: Iain
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Mark Webber, European and/or Silverstone will see him number 1 on the podium

74.   74. Posted By: mattoz
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

75.   75. Posted By: Darryl Finch
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

Nico Rosberg.

If it doesn’t happen in Canada then I’d say Vettel, but with the way Montreal is expected to suit Mercedes, I just can’t go against Nico.

76.   76. Posted By: goferet
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

Yeah for selfish reasons, am hoping Lewis doesn’t win Montreal for not only is that track cursed Championship wise, but I would also like him to save the best for last i.e. By winning in front his die hard fans at Silverstone = icing on the cake.

Look man, Lewis doesn’t have a great record of winning back to back races at the start of the season infact his only back to back wins (at the start of the season) came in 2007 when he won the Canada & US races.

So am going for Jenson to be the first driver to win 2 races for hey, he was the first to win this year + was the first two time winner in 2010.

P.s.

Considering my luck at winning prizes especially on the JAonF1 site, I might as well not loose too much sleep over this one.

James Allen Reply:

But they are always good prizes…

goferet Reply:

@ James Allen

No mate, what I meant is I tend to get the answers wrong and thus not win hahahahaha.

Kay Reply:

hmm.. o_O?!
    lol…

hero_was_senna Reply:

This track is cursed Championship wise?
    Out of 32 races run at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve since 1978, 12 winners have gone on to win the Championships.

In fact goferet, your Kaiser actually won it in 2000,2002, 2003 and 2004. Only in 2001 when he finished 2nd to his brother did he miss out.

Stats, hey? Like politicians prove on countless occasions, can be made to confirm any argument, for and against.

goferet Reply:

@ hero was Senna

Out of 32 races run at Circuit Gilles
    Villeneuve since 1978, 12 winners have
    gone on to win the Championships.
    ————————————————-

Exactly!

12 out of 32 aren’t odds to take to the casino.

And if you look closely, most of those 12 winners that went on to win the championship either had a dominant car outright or had a dominate car in the first half of the season.

And yes the Kaiser is known as such for he’s the only driver with 7 wins the next success have 3 wins.

77.   77. Posted By: Dave Moon
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

Jenson Button

78.   78. Posted By: Henry
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

As much as I would love it to be either of the Mclaren drivers (probably Jenson over Lewis) I think there have been too many mistakes this year.

My initial reaction was it will be Alonso but I’m facinated by the fact that (at time of writing) no one has said Vettel – I think this speaks volumes considering his form last year! To that end I’m going to take a punt with Seb – at least if I’m right, theres less competition :o P

Great website James, always good insight into the sport. Thanks.

79.   79. Posted By: MISTER
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

Alonso here. Weather might play it’s part, therefore Ferrari should be up there.

80.   80. Posted By: Tank
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

The first man to win two races this season: Michael Schumacher.

81.   81. Posted By: Adrian
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

I’ll go for Sebastian Vettel.

82.   82. Posted By: Deane
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

Rosberg.

83.   83. Posted By: Wild Man
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:18 pm

Interestingg that no-one has picked Vettel.

84.   84. Posted By: Neil F
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Jenson Button
    Given that Lewis still has to make his first win this season and JB might have won in China if his pitstops had gone OK

85.   85. Posted By: Joseph Simmons
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

Hamilton at the Montreal race who is long overdue for a win. And the cool temperature and weather should suit the McLaren. And Kimi at the Valencia race with the warm weather assisting performance window for the Lotus tyre performance.

86.   86. Posted By: Tim
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

It has to be Vettel!

87.   87. Posted By: CraigD
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

It’s so unpredictable that I’m tempted to say Maldonado!

But going for Vettel.

88.   88. Posted By: Chris
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:28 pm

I fancy Rosbergs chances of a win in Cannada, but then Michael should be in the hunt as well.

Interesting how virtully no one says Vettel, can’t be written off!!!

89.   89. Posted By: Alberto Martínez
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:28 pm

Nico Rosberg in Montreal

90.   90. Posted By: Holly
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

Alonso, it will be his prize for his consistency.

But could be anyone of the guys that already have one win, this season everything is crazy.

91.   91. Posted By: **Paul**
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

Alonso in Canada?

92.   92. Posted By: Peter Williams
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

Webber – a front-runner who flies under the radar

93.   93. Posted By: Iwan Kemp
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

Rosberg.

94.   94. Posted By: Martin
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

Interesting to see that there is no love for Vettel, the winningest driver in the last two years, and from the team that has won twice this year. Of course the standard comment is to say that the car is the reason, but if Seb just copies Mark’s set up then he’s usually okay in the race.

Canada often tends to be hot or wet, neither of which seem to favour Rosberg in the race. McLaren may struggle at both Montreal and Valencia due to the slow corner bias of those tracks and again the hotter weather.

As a left field choice, I’ll go for Grosjean. Great low speed traction, high top speeds, better in qualifying than Kimi at the moment, and also to redeem himself for the Monaco errors. Back-to-back wins for Romain :-)

95.   95. Posted By: DiegoP
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

Kimi Räikkönen :P

96.   96. Posted By: craig kilner
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

Hamilton!!! Going to kick ass in Montreal and then he’s right in there

97.   97. Posted By: Goutham
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

WEBBER!

98.   98. Posted By: Andrew
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

Rosberg, if the Mercedes is the fastest car in Montreal as everybody expects I expect a repeat of China’s domination.

99.   99. Posted By: Steve
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

In recent seasons this would have been easy to answer: Vettel, Alonso, Button, Hamilton depending on the year; this year however, its a guessing game. So I’m going to go with gut instinct and plump for Rosberg in the next race – the Mercedes were super strong in Monaco, and Canada’s semi-street circuit layout linked by long straights (double DRS to put Nico on pole?) should suit it too.
    I hope we get our 7th winner though – Lewis is surely due one soon & I can see Kimi grabbing a win before the seasons out.

100.   100. Posted By: Mr Ed
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

Kimi for the double!

101.   101. Posted By: Stephan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

well, I don’t really think it will be him, but will stay say Maldonado, working on my own odds to win something in a draw !

102.   102. Posted By: Trent Thomas
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

I think Mark Webber will be the first, 2 time winner this year, and will take the wdc title.

Lezza Reply:

Luv ya

Kevin Reply:

You sir are a man of rare insight! Achem … Bloody oath mate!

Chris Reply:

You could be right, it may be Webber. I do think that when one driver wins two in a row it will be a sign of change and they will go on to be WDC.

103.   103. Posted By: Sam B
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

Suprised no-one’s said Vettel yet. I don’t want him to be the first two times winner, but I reckon he could be in with a shout!

Sam B Reply:

Or rather no-one had said Vettel while I was awaiting moderation!

104.   104. Posted By: Stevo
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

I think Vettel will win in Canada, no idea why but its just a feeling

Stevo Reply:

although I’d love Maldonado to do it again for Williams

105.   105. Posted By: Jay B
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

I’m feeling that it will be Mark Webber.

106.   106. Posted By: Steve
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

think its going to be Alonso

107.   107. Posted By: oak
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

rosberg!

108.   108. Posted By: Ravi Rajiv Babu
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

Nico Rosberg is my prediction on cause of the track layout and weather conditions. But Fingers crossed for Michael Schumacher.

109.   109. Posted By: Mark in Australia
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Seb Vettel.

Can’t keep the champion down too much longer

110.   110. Posted By: William Wallace
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

It’s going to be Jenson Button for victory at Montreal. All his tyre-troubles will be put behind him this weekend, and as this is a track that you can overtake at, he will be able to run a strategy that will suit him and his car.

111.   111. Posted By: Freddie
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

Fernando Alonso.

112.   112. Posted By: Liam in Sydney
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:49 pm

Although the circuit will help Mercedes more than most other tracks this season in terms of quali pace, I think their race pace is not nearly as quick. So I will look elsewhere to a team that races better than they qualify.

My pick for the race: Sebastian Vettel.

113.   113. Posted By: Jimbob
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

Jenson Button

114.   114. Posted By: Charles
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

Alonso.

115.   115. Posted By: David Taylor
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

Lewis Hamilton

116.   116. Posted By: Daniel
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

Mark Webber. Just because i think he will. (also not many others are putting his name up :P )

117.   117. Posted By: AlexD
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

It will be Vettel

118.   118. Posted By: Tm
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

Sebastian Vettel

119.   119. Posted By: Mike J
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

I think the Lotus will go well here if the tyres hold out. Kimi or Grosjean. I will pick Grosjean, after the season as far, why not !..

120.   120. Posted By: Søren Kühle
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

Gonna be Alonso or Vettel

121.   121. Posted By: Berislav
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

My opinion, it will be Lewis Hamilton!

122.   122. Posted By: Jesse
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

Jenson Button!

123.   123. Posted By: El Mago
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

ALONSO FOR SURE

124.   124. Posted By: James Clayton
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

Groajeaun

Do I still get the prize even if I probably spelt the name wrong?

125.   125. Posted By: Berislav
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

Lewis Hamilton!

126.   126. Posted By: Jodum5
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

Pastor Maldonado!

127.   127. Posted By: Mike J
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

For first two time winner, after reading it again (duh), I will pick Webber (with Grosjean second)

128.   128. Posted By: Beefy Mcmoo
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

Seb Vettel

129.   129. Posted By: Haydn Maidment
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Fernando Alonso. You can never count him out.

130.   130. Posted By: Lap
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Mark Webber. He has enough experience now to extract the maximum the package he has.

131.   131. Posted By: Simon
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

I’ll say Kimi, because his first Lotus win is well over due now and once he’s got one under his belt more will surely follow. And not many others have gone for him ;-)

132.   132. Posted By: Sam Torrens
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

I would be a cheeky $5 on Nico Rosberg doing just that in Montreal.

In his bullish form I think Alonso has gotta be a favorite.

An an Aussie I would love it to be Mark Webber, but realistically I think his second victory will come later in the season – Hungary perhaps.

it’s going to be one of the two above.

133.   133. Posted By: Rob Newman
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

[Reply]

134.   134. Posted By: Greg (Aus)
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:20 pm

Wow, I’m surprised so many agree with my feeling that it will be Mark Webber, but he won’t do it at Montreal.

135.   135. Posted By: Marcus Lindblom
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

136.   136. Posted By: David T
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

Rosberg – the Mercedes should go well around the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

137.   137. Posted By: Nandan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

Surely not Alonso in Montreal. This is his bogey track. 9 starts, 1 win, 1 podium, 5 retirements

138.   138. Posted By: darth_patate
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

Vettel has to be a contender for canada (he missed it last year by 1 error)

139.   139. Posted By: F1racer
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

Massa! (Smedley asked me to post this)

140.   140. Posted By: Blazej
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

I think Jenson and Sebastian will have more wins to their names for sure.

141.   141. Posted By: David
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Sebastian Vettel

Although, its not what I’m hoping for.

142.   142. Posted By: joshua
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

Bruno…… In freak conditions over the next few races

143.   143. Posted By: RDS Motorsport
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

144.   144. Posted By: Mindaugas Baranauskas
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

Michael Schumacher :)

145.   145. Posted By: Andrew M
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

We should’ve had a poll for this, the 6 winners plus Hamilton and maybe Raikkonen, no-one else really is there?

Andrew M Reply:

But for the quiz, I’ll choose Vettel :)

James Allen Reply:

We’ll count up the votes and do a post on it

146.   146. Posted By: gerry mc
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

its a long shot, but im gona go with schumacher. the monaco pole will be a huge boost and knowing how good in canada, i can see him taking the win. his luck has to change. a 2nd win in valencia or silverstone will be enevitable. come on schu

147.   147. Posted By: Nil
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

First two time winner in 2012 will be Alonso.

148.   148. Posted By: Dave
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

I think Vettel but probably not until a Lotus grabs a win! Hopefully Kimi!

149.   149. Posted By: Tim
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

Alonso (in Valencia – European GP)

150.   150. Posted By: Bayan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

Michael Schumacher. I know, might be wishful thinking.

151.   151. Posted By: illyrical

Fernando Alonso.

158.   158. Posted By: PH
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

Webber for sure!

159.   159. Posted By: Deeren Patel
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:20 pm

I think Raikkonen will take his first victory in Canada and then Vettel will be the first double winner of the season at Valencia…..

RodgerT Reply:

That’s kind of the way I’m thinking.

Although if we’re still looking for a two time winner when they roll into Valencia, I’d be hard pressed to say whether it would be Vettel, or Alonso.

Also, if Kimi gets one soon, say Montreal, and there’s still no two time winner by Spa… Well, you know where I’m going with this.

160.   160. Posted By: Don
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Alonso!!!

161.   161. Posted By: John
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

Kimi.

162.   162. Posted By: Thomas
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

Maldenado.

Schumi wins in Canada, Massa wins in Valencia and Maldenado wins i GB.

163.   163. Posted By: renato nysan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

Mark Webber

164.   164. Posted By: Jako
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

I feel Mark Webber is going to have a nice season again, so I’ll go for him.

This car suits him much better than last years car, I think.

cheers

165.   165. Posted By: Stephen
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

Keen to make up for last year I’m gonna say vettel

166.   166. Posted By: Chris
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

Its got to be a mercedes. Going with Nico this time. Sorry Michael. Maybe a 1-2?

167.   167. Posted By: Winnie
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

Vettel!

168.   168. Posted By: NickPerth
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

My heart says and wants Webber to surprise everyone in Canada but my mind and money would be on Rosberg for sure. The Merc is looking strong and Rosberg is in the zone this year. The prospect of a Rosberg/Hamilton Mercedes team and Webber/Alonso Ferrari team next year is pants wetting exciting!!

169.   169. Posted By: Bob
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

I’m going with Alonso. His car and chances are improving steadily and if ever there was anyone with the determination to make it happen, it’s definitely him.

170.   170. Posted By: Matt Cheshire
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

Vettel. It’s time for him to get it right on Saturday and Sunday to get the second win. It’s painful but the finger will be back.

171.   171. Posted By: john ferdinand
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:40 pm

Michael Schumacher’s Mercedes

172.   172. Posted By: Aaron95
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

I’m going for Mark Webber, but not in Canada, at Silverstone. The Red Bull still looks pretty mean in fast corners and Webber would be an incredibly popular winner.

173.   173. Posted By: Smitty
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

Alonso!

174.   174. Posted By: miuzi
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

I feel that Alonso is the man who will win a second race first.

I also think he’s going to take the championship. At this point, he looks incredibly strong and motivated. He even seems happy!

175.   175. Posted By: Stephan Roux
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

JB in Montreal!

176.   176. Posted By: Seb
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

177.   177. Posted By: Lynn
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:55 pm

Alonso is the favourite but I hope it’s Rosberg.

178.   178. Posted By: Robbiehooper
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Vettel obviously!

179.   179. Posted By: Enigma
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

Kimi Raikkonen

180.   180. Posted By: FerrariFan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

Sebastian Vettel

181.   181. Posted By: Martin
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

I think the Williams will be ok again in Canada so I am going for Pastor Maldonado to be the first double GP winner in 2012.

182.   182. Posted By: Liam
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

Rosberg in Montreal

183.   183. Posted By: 6 Wheeled Tyrrell
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

184.   184. Posted By: mark
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Alonso I think schumacher will win in canada he always goes really well there

185.   185. Posted By: Jose
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Vettel in Valencia. Hamilton to win Montreal.

186.   186. Posted By: Jon L
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Pastor Maldonado

187.   187. Posted By: Steve
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

Mark Webber

188.   188. Posted By: Phil
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

Michael Schumacher

If he can qualify well he can stay out of trouble.

189.   189. Posted By: Glennb
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

Webber!
    Shumi or Kimi to win in Montreal.
    Webber to win in Valencia.

Glennb Reply:

Webber to win at Silverstone and Hockenheim too. 3 on the trot :)

190.   190. Posted By: mkamdar
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Sebastian Vettel

191.   191. Posted By: james
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

alo, alo, alonsooo!

192.   192. Posted By: nathan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Lewis hamilton will be the 7th winner and next double winner. He will win canada and Valencia. Infact i put my money on him winning 3 in a row and taking silverstone too..

193.   193. Posted By: Jag
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

Lewis Hamilton

194.   194. Posted By: Ravi
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

It will be Vettel!

195.   195. Posted By: Oly
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

Alonso. Go Nando Go !

196.   196. Posted By: Daniel MA
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

Not a popular answer but I say Sebastian Vettel.

197.   197. Posted By: Alan Li
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

It has to be Webber!!

198.   198. Posted By: Rene
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

Kimi. You can put my prize in the post now to save some time…

[Reply]

199.   199. Posted By: Stuart Taylor (@chainbear)
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

Sebastian Vettel. He’s there or there abouts, when he bothers to compete in Q3!

200.   200. Posted By: Neil McGuiggan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Alonso. Ridiculously, given how bad his car has been, he always seems to be near the front, and with Ferrari improving the car it will only get better for him.

201.   201. Posted By: Roman
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Kimi. Montreal will be number one.

202.   202. Posted By: CL
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

JB!

203.   203. Posted By: Darren
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

I am amazed at the lack of people voting for Vettel, you can never write him off!

Setastian Vettel

Darren Reply:

Having said that I dont think he will win in Canada, Schumacher will win in Canada and Hamilton will win at Silverstone.

James Allen Reply:

You have more chance of winning if you’re right, then!

TheDrivingG Reply:

I also think people are discounting Vettel. I’m also voting for Vettel.

204.   204. Posted By: Gordon
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

Jenson Button. I’m doubly sure if it rains as hard as it did last year.

205.   205. Posted By: Dave
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Mark Webber!

206.   206. Posted By: CartRider
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

It’s probably gonna be Rosberg, but really who can say at the moment?

207.   207. Posted By: Jorge Arias

Alonso!

211.   211. Posted By: Regulus
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

Jenson Button

212.   212. Posted By: gaz909
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

No one has said Grosgean. So that’s mine!

James Clayton Reply:

I beat you to it I’m afraid :)

213.   213. Posted By: Jack
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

Vettel – it’d be the worst possible outcome for the fans and the sport, but that’s why it seems inevitable

RodgerT Reply:

Why? How is Vettel being the first two time winner of the season the worst possible result for the sport?

Not saying your opinion is invalid, or anything like that. Just genuinely curious.

Jack Reply:

literally because he is the double world champion, and periods of domination are bad for any sport. If after this amazing start to the season Red Bull still manage to take the title it’d feel like such a waste.

I’m actually a big fan of Vettel as a person, I think him and Button are the most personable and open drivers, as well as the only drivers you ever hear describe a race as ‘fun’, which i think is hugely important.

However, I just don’t want to see them winning races, I’m a McLaren fan when it comes down to it, but wouldn’t you rather see Lotus, Williams, Ferrari, Sauber, Merecedes and Mclaren all win races before RB? Unless you’re a Red Bull fan of course!

RodgerT Reply:

Youre right nobody wants to watch a race where the winner is a forgone conclusion, and I can see where you’re coming from, but I don’t foresee the ruination of the sport just by Vettel being the first to win two races this season. Now if he goes on a tear from here on out, then yes it will cause a lack of interest in the fan base.

I do like Vettel for much the same reason as you, but I’m a Kimi fan at heart, and would love for him to snag a win or two this season. And while not a Red Bull fan per se, as a some one who did his time the military I have a great amount of respect for efficient, and effective organizations, which I believe is what has them where they are right now.

Personally, I can see some one from another team winning the drivers title with RBR taking the constructors championship.

Here’s to a season that goes to the last round.

214.   214. Posted By: Dan Orsino
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

The first double winner will be Mr J. Button.

He won there last time out, and will be spurred on to cure his tyre headache at last.
    Kimster’s migraine with the steering and what not needs some powerful medicine!

215.   215. Posted By: Rupert Berrington
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Alonso will be the first double winner.

216.   216. Posted By: Colin B
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

217.   217. Posted By: Nazdakka
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

Nico Rosberg.

218.   218. Posted By: Anton
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

Vettel should be the first to get a double this year

219.   219. Posted By: Andy R
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

Alonso oh Alonso! You willy old fox!

220.   220. Posted By: Jey
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

Not sure about Race winner but my bet is -Michael on pole and then Merc will find another way to give him a unreliable machine for raceday

221.   221. Posted By: Will Gooding
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

Fernando Alonso to be the first two time winner in 2012.

His consistency this season has been phenomenal and if he gets a sniff of a win he will take it, he isn’t a double world champion for nothing.

I would actually expect Ferrari to take another step forward in Canada as they generally turn it around mid season. Just as long as they can do something about their straight line speed (slow corner traction has improved ten fold, as demonstrated in Monaco).

222.   222. Posted By: Steve G
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

Mark Webber

223.   223. Posted By: AP
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

Nico Rosberg (altough i would love to prove wrong and see Alsonso win soon)

224.   224. Posted By: Clemo
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

Alonso…..and then to also be the first 3x and 4x winner

225.   225. Posted By: Chao Yu
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

Vettel for me

226.   226. Posted By: Jeff
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:35 pm

I would have to say fernando Alonso, he’s driving brilliantly so far this season and if Ferrari can continue to improve the car he will be hard to stop.

227.   227. Posted By: Glen Parker
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

I’ll put my neck on the line and say pastor maldonado.

228.   228. Posted By: Ken
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:41 pm

Sebastian Vettel to get his first Canada win and be the first 2x winner in 2012!

229.   229. Posted By: Doug
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

My first two time Grand Prix winner for 2012 will be Vettel in Valencia. For the bonus points I will pick Schumacher in Canada and Alonso in Silverstone.

230.   230. Posted By: Rach
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Schumacher please at silverstone!

231.   231. Posted By: James
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

Michael Schumacher to win in Montreal and then go onto be the first man to win 2 races this season in silverstone or hockenheim. Raikonnen to win in Valencia.

232.   232. Posted By: Steve p
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Sergio Perez. Ok bit of a long shot!

233.   233. Posted By: Gustavo
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

Fernando Alonso

(Assuming the promissed Canada updates do work)

234.   234. Posted By: Michael Grievson
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:17 pm

First double winner will be Mark Webber

235.   235. Posted By: Mario
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

236.   236. Posted By: El Pibe
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:28 pm

The tyre issue is starting to be ridiculous… The winner is who manages better the tyres not the fastest one… Better to change the sports name to FTM (Formula Tyre Managament)!!!

237.   237. Posted By: John
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

Got to be Alonso! The ferrari is almost on the pace of the rest of the pack and in Alonso’s hands is potentially faster! I think Schumi will win in montreal and then Alonso will be the first 2 timer this year!!

238.   238. Posted By: JR
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

239.   239. Posted By: Ben B
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

Webber – reckon he’ll win the next race (maybe!)

240.   240. Posted By: Tom Haythornthwaite
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

Kimi will win the next two races and then you’ll pick my name.

241.   241. Posted By: Carlos
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

Alonso is the man with the Plan.

242.   242. Posted By: db4tim
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

243.   243. Posted By: chris severin
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:49 pm

Señor Button for me

244.   244. Posted By: paulmeyer
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

This should have been a poll – those are super-fun, like the “who’s your driver of the day” pole. Love those! And it’s nice to check back later and see how the scores have panned out

245.   245. Posted By: Dizzy
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

Raikkonen first double winner in Valencia

246.   246. Posted By: Ihsan
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

Fernando Alonso without a doubt.

247.   247. Posted By: Andy V
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

248.   248. Posted By: Simon Lord
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

Leaving personal preferences aside, I have to go for Alonso as the first double winner. Apart from his talent and ability to be in the right place at the right time, he also has the advantage of being the only one of the top 8 to be a clear No.1 in his team.

249.   249. Posted By: Shah Alam
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

Vettel or Alonso for 2nd win
    BUT
    I think Eric Boullier of Lotus should be fired.

Kimi could have won twice, Bahrain and Spain.

Lotus will regret settleing for short term gains in points in the future when they end up like Toyota and Honda and go nowhere.

250.   250. Posted By: Raj
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

Rosberg for me, he’s the driver in the best for at the moment.

251.   251. Posted By: madmax
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:57 pm

Alonso..

252.   252. Posted By: Methusalem
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:57 pm

It would be Schumacher. The seven-time world champion, who won seven times in Montreal, and has car Number 7 on his Mercedes will be winning the next Canadian GP, as the seventh winner of the season. This will encourage him to win the next one in Valencia — this will make him the first two-times winner in 2012.

253.   253. Posted By: Dufus
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:57 pm

Webbo

254.   254. Posted By: madmax
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

Narain Karthikeyan

Wade Parmino Reply:

LOL!!!

255.   255. Posted By: Methusalem
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

It would be Schumacher.The seven-time world champion, who won seven times in Montreal, and has car Number 7 on his Mercedes will be winning the next Canadian GP, as the seventh winner of the season. This will encourage him to win the next one in Valencia — this will make him the first two-times winner in 2012.

256.   256. Posted By: Simon Biles
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:00 pm

I’m backing Rosberg for Canada

257.   257. Posted By: Marc Coltelli
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

Webber

258.   258. Posted By: Phill
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

For the consistency and damn right skill of this man, I hope, and pray he will get a double, which will take him on to his third championship.
    ALONSO!! #forzaferrari

259.   259. Posted By: Ed H
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:30 pm

I think Maldonado; he messed up at Monaco, a race which, in theory at least, he should have been competitive at. Maldonado should be especially good around Canada as it’s another street track. I think it’s silly how everyone’s forgotten about him just because of one bad race. He’s a grand prix winner for crying out loud! Increasingly this season when Senna only gets a little bit out of the car Maldonado shows potential to be right up there. That said I expect Bruno to improve. But that Williams is competitive so definately do not count Maldonado out.

260.   260. Posted By: Stephen
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

I’m going to say Sebastian Vettel, I just don’t know where

261.   261. Posted By: Serrated Edge
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

Jenson Button to return to form with a win in Canada!

262.   262. Posted By: brett Scotland
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

Alonso. He just has it this season.

263.   263. Posted By: Gord
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

Kimi Raikkonen will win Montreal and than Spa, which means that lots of different drivers will win the GPs in between. :P

264.   264. Posted By: RA109
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 11:56 pm

Jenson! He’s always full of surprises.

265.   265. Posted By: Joe Sumegi
        Date: June 1st, 2012 @ 11:59 pm

I’m going for Mark Webber too!

266.   266. Posted By: Craig
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:04 am

Fernando Alonso – he’s taken himself to the next level this year both in terms of driving and engagement with fans via his excellent twitter feed. He just seems so settled and happy that it is difficult not to envy him greatly. Even his harshest critics seem to be warming to him, especially now that he is showing more of his personality.

Hamilton and Button seem to be in the doldrums at present and Red Bull are struggling now that they are no longer dominating. Lotus and Mercedes just never quite seem to maintain momentum despite showing flashes of excellence and I think Sauber and Williams will struggle to repeat previous successes.

It’s all very close but I think Fernando has the edge and if Ferrari can keep improving the car then he is set for a few more wins this season with the first hopefully coming in Canada.

267.   267. Posted By: F12012
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:19 am

I’m gona go for Rosberg

[Reply]

268.   268. Posted By: J. S.
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:33 am

Kobayashi will win the next two races!!!

No votes for Vettel in the first 40 posts? He’ll be wagging his finger at you JA fans.

269.   269. Posted By: Sarvar
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:35 am

Vettel

270.   270. Posted By: Flash Bristow
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:43 am

My vote is for Rosberg. He is really driving well this year.

(My heart says Alonso, and the guy is amazing, but the only way he will win the championship this year is through consistency. He might be on the podium a lot but that car isn’t good enough for the top step very often… I’ll be happy if I’m wrong! Anyway I think Rosberg will be the first double winner.)

271.   271. Posted By: Kenji
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:16 am

If the track is wet like last year’s race then I will tip Button to win the 2nd race this year.

If it is dry, then I’m going to back Hamilton as the 7th different winner this season. I would love to back Schumacher, but with the run of bad he’s had so far…i’m not so sure

272.   272. Posted By: el nacho lopez
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:34 am

it would be ALONSO

273.   273. Posted By: Mathew Middleton
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:43 am

I’d go with Vettel.

I really think we’ll see the 7th winner in Montreal but I can’t look past the Red Bull on race day in Valencia.

274.   274. Posted By: greenyson
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:48 am

Mark Webber

275.   275. Posted By: Ross
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:57 am

Jenson Button. He’ll bounce back in Canada.

276.   276. Posted By: Ryan Eckford
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:05 am

I think Hamilton is well overdue for a win, so he will win either the Canadian GP or the European GP. I think Schumacher is overdue for a bit of luck and will win one of the two races listed above.

Then, we head to Silverstone for the British GP. In practice, many teams feel that the tyres are behaving in a more consistent fashion, and that they (the teams) are finding out who really has the speed and who doesn’t. In qualifying, McLaren has a small advantage over Red Bull, and Hamilton takes advantage of this to grab pole position. Lotus and Mercedes were good behind them, with a car each from Sauber and Williams making Q3. Ferrari were lacking, and had the 9th fastest car out of the 12 teams. In the race, McLaren and Hamilton took advantage of their small margin over Red Bull to win the British GP.

1st L. Hamilton
    2nd S. Vettel
    3rd J. Button
    4th M. Webber
    5th K. Raikkonen
    6th R. Grosjean
    7th M. Schumacher
    8th S. Perez
    9th K. Kobayashi
    10th N. Rosberg.

So to answer the question, it will be Hamilton to be the first multiple race winner this season.

277.   277. Posted By: Iiro
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:11 am

Grosjean

278.   278. Posted By: Peter Stacey
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:25 am

279.   279. Posted By: TBP
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:34 am

Mark Webber.

280.   280. Posted By: Sam
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:35 am

Has to be between alonso, webber and vettel. My money is on alonso.
    If Hamilton had already won a race I would bet on him. But Alonso 3 to 2

281.   281. Posted By: Jeff of Perth
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:42 am

My guess is Alonso. Being an Aussie I would like to see Mark Webber up there but I think Fernando has been more consistent so far this season.

282.   282. Posted By: Bayden
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:52 am

Schumacher will win at Montreal, Alonso will win at Valencia to become the first repeat winner.

283.   283. Posted By: JC Lopez
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 3:05 am

Sebastian Vettel

284.   284. Posted By: Jay Panesar
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 3:44 am

raikkonen

285.   285. Posted By: Luke Smith
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 3:59 am

Mark Webber

286.   286. Posted By: Horoldo
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 4:20 am

Webber! but not in Canada.
    LH,MS or KR to win Canada.
    Then Webber to take Valencia.

287.   287. Posted By: Kay
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 4:51 am

Fernando Alonso Díaz

288.   288. Posted By: JohnBt
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:10 am

FERNANDO ALONSO.

289.   289. Posted By: Elie
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:17 am

Nico Rosberg. Three straights at over 285kph is Perfect for Mercedes DDRS. Traction out of slow corners Again perfect for Mercedes. Nico was leading the race at some point last year and must fancy his . Lewis should be very close so should Kimi.

290.   290. Posted By: Allwyn
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:30 am

291.   291. Posted By: Pan Jamilano
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:58 am

it’s gotta be Nico Rosberg.

292.   292. Posted By: Kay
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:20 am

Hums… people keep saying Vettel.

Fine then Vettel for 2 wins, but Alonso to take the rest.

Happy? :D :D :D :D :D heh

293.   293. Posted By: Gravelrash
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:22 am

Mark webber as he has a good chance as 2010 for the championship and this time he won,t choke….

294.   294. Posted By: Bob Hill
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:36 am

I tip Sebastian Vettel to be the first driver to win two races in 2012, even if he has to wait while a “seventh” driver wins in Canada, etc :-)

295.   295. Posted By: MattNZ
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 7:01 am

Michael Schumacher to win in Canada and then back it up at the European Grandprix.

Haha I can dream.

296.   296. Posted By: DK
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 7:04 am

Kimi !

297.   297. Posted By: Dave B
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 7:09 am

Webber.

298.   298. Posted By: lockster
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:13 am

Schumacher to win in Canada and Vettel to be the first 2 time winner…

299.   299. Posted By: atomic
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:17 am

rolled a dice and the result was 1. so it’s Jenson. The universal laws of pure luck have spoken

300.   300. Posted By: Joe B
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:18 am

I’m going for Webber to do it at Silverstone, with Hamilton winning Canada.

(Not checked the calendar – if Valencia falls between those two then I’m saying Alonso)

301.   301. Posted By: Luke Potter
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:25 am

I’ll go for Nico Rosberg.

302.   302. Posted By: Frances
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:33 am

It will be Fernando Alonso

303.   303. Posted By: Adrian W
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:58 am

Romain Grosjean.

304.   304. Posted By: Marijn
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:13 am

I got a feeling it’ll be Alonso.

305.   305. Posted By: Dave Aston
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Michael Schumacher.

306.   306. Posted By: Manu Francis
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:35 am

Nico Rosberg…..That mercedes was looking seriously good in monaco & they already have a good pace in qualifying with DDRS….its him or alonso.

307.   307. Posted By: Wade Parmino
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:37 am

Fernando Alonso.

308.   308. Posted By: John Page
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:39 am

Nico Rosberg.

309.   309. Posted By: Wade Parmino
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:46 am

James, you didn’t say who you think will be the first double-winner? Or did I miss it?

James Allen Reply:

Mark Webber Euro GP.

313.   313. Posted By: Toby L
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 10:23 am

Sebastian Vettel.

314.   314. Posted By: Snowy
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 10:32 am

Mark Webber – doing better than his teammate this year.
    But a seventh different winner first I think.

315.   315. Posted By: David
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:14 am

Button. Just because it could be anyone and no one would expect it to be him and as this season is so unexpected its a possibility

316.   316. Posted By: Euan Taylor
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:26 am

Was gonna say hamilton but lots of people are saying him so i’ll go with Vettel who I think has a good chance of winning at Silverstione.

317.   317. Posted By: mjsib
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Fernando Alonso. Ferrari finally appear to be getting the car right as well as their pit stops

318.   318. Posted By: Cova
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:48 am

Dunno why everybody underestimates red bull and vettel this year.

Vettel seems the driver with the most frustrating position after last year’s domination. Also he imho is the driver who has the fastest learning curve. He hates losing and hates making the same mistakes.

I’m gonna go with Seb

319.   319. Posted By: Jose Echandi
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:56 am

The way it is going the pilot that should duplicate first must be Pastor Maldonado

320.   320. Posted By: sam w
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

alonso

321.   321. Posted By: Leigh Barratt
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:11 pm

Sebastian Vettel 100%.

He has been scoring consistently and seems (with Alonso) more intelligent with tyres.

322.   322. Posted By: Paul
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Webber for me….

323.   323. Posted By: DM
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

Nico Rosberg, at Montreal.

324.   324. Posted By: Denise
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:28 pm

Vettel.

325.   325. Posted By: Max Nalborczyk
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

Kimi to win in Montreal to be the 7th winner in 7, Webber becoming the second two-time race winner at Silverstone.

326.   326. Posted By: Jugraj
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Vettel wins in Canada and becomes the first multiple winner of 2012.

327.   327. Posted By: 5600k
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Im going to go ahead and say Ferrari will step up their game and Fernando Alonso is going to be the first second winner of 2012.

328.   328. Posted By: ArJay
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

Schumacher will legitimately win in Canada…
    Unfortunately, Anonymous will hack into the F1 data system and subtract 10kg from his car’s finishing weight resulting in disqualification and ceding the win to…
    Rosberg

329.   329. Posted By: NIck
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

330.   330. Posted By: Kenny
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Alonso

331.   331. Posted By: Jeremy
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

I hope it will be Mark Webber :)

332.   332. Posted By: Victor
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

I’ll go for Sebastian Vettel as the first to win twice this year. I’ll spare though the Canadian GP for a 7th winner in as many races under the name of Michael Schumacher, he thoroughly deserves it.

333.   333. Posted By: JamtriX
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

ALONSO!!! first double winner!! I hope MSC will win in Canada!:D

334.   334. Posted By: Simmo
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

Alonso. They’re looking very competitive and in with a good chance.

335.   335. Posted By: Rudy
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

Got to be Fernando Alonso in Montreal.

336.   336. Posted By: paxdog
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

No real reason other than a wild guess, Nico Rosberg

337.   337. Posted By: Tejas
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 3:44 pm

alonso!

338.   338. Posted By: Dougel
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Stefano Domenicali said after Monaco that Ferrari need to turn their attention to qualifying. Could this mean Ferrari have a Mercedes style DRS F-Duct coming for Montreal (I have read Ferrari are developing such a system)?

If this is the case, I think Alonso is a good bet for the first double winner.

339.   339. Posted By: HFEVO2
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

My bet is on a McLaren driver.

Obviously Jenson has the better chance statistically but he is struggling to set up the car at the moment so there is some doubt.

So it could well be Lewis but it might need to be two in a row after Michael Schumacher wins in Canada.

340.   340. Posted By: JoshMelb
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

Webber!!!!

341.   341. Posted By: Richard D
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

342.   342. Posted By: dan m
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

kimmi

[Reply]

343.   343. Posted By: J. S.
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

I think it might be Rosberg as Canada might suit MGP’s car.

344.   344. Posted By: Stgeorge
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

With the form he has displayed so far this year and with an ever improving car, I’d have to say Alonso.

345.   345. Posted By: Charalampos
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

Well I do like predictions so…

For Canada we have:

Rosberg on Pole 70% Schumi 30%
    Winner Schumi 75% Rosberg 20% Rest:5

Europe pole is

Hamilton 80% Rest:20%

This makes Hamilton the most possible winner, as it is not easy to pass there.

So for the winner

Ham 65% and no idea who could be behind him. Rest: 35%

Then comes silverstone.

Pole Hamilton 80% Rest:20

Winner Hamilton 40% Raikonnen 20% Maldonado 10%
    Perez 10% Alonso 10% Massa (heh mean joke) Rest 10%

This gives us something like the panel below:

Second time winner

Hamilton 21,4%
    Rosberg 20%
    Alonso 8%
    Maldo 8%
    Vettel <4%
    Webber <3%
    Button <3%

Which gives as a 67,4 2 times winner until Europe.

After Europe there is Germany. Now I have no idea about Germany at the moment, so I will assume that the rest 32.6% is divided between Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Schumacher,Alonso, Webber, button and Maldonado, with Webber, button and Maldonado taking less from the pie. Raikonnen would also take a small part of the pie, assuming he wins somewhere else already. This should give us something like the final panel:

Hamilton 26%
    Rosberg 25%
    Alonso 14%
    Maldo 10%
    Vettel <9%
    Webber <6%
    Button <6%
    Raik <4%

346.   346. Posted By: Rich C
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

Schumacher

347.   347. Posted By: Mike
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Felipe Massa wins 2 GPs before anyone else this year. Just daring to be different…very different.

348.   348. Posted By: Paul du Maitre
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

Alonso. In addition to Ferrari putting the strategy together this year, he’s also habing a bit of the luck that’s been elusive in his Ferrari years, and everybody knows that luck counts as well!

349.   349. Posted By: PaoloC
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

Rosberg in Montreal

350.   350. Posted By: Andy
        Date: June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

With such long straights in Montreal; good traction and a great DRS on that Mercedes car, I’m putting my money on Rosberg.

351.   351. Posted By: Mattij

354.   354. Posted By: Priya
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 12:10 am

Alonso

355.   355. Posted By: Geenimetsuri
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 12:30 am

Pastor Maldonado.

Might be the big surprise this season.

356.   356. Posted By: Jason
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 12:45 am

Rosberg is probably the best bet for the kind of races we have coming up.

357.   357. Posted By: MANish
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 1:10 am

Alonso

358.   358. Posted By: Walter
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 1:10 am

I will be at Montreal and thinking Iceman breaks through. Then we go back to semi normal and Alonso balances it all out to win his second. Or maybe Pirelli gives one or two of their super fast high quality tires that the rest dont get i.e. William or Sauber and sit back and enjoy the spectacle they now control. LOL. Maybe Delarosa this time? Pirelli did say they wanted to improve the show.

359.   359. Posted By: Robert Gunning
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 2:05 am

360.   360. Posted By: Matthew
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 2:30 am

361.   361. Posted By: DB
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 2:47 am

Kovalainen.

And, if I’m right, no random pick will be necessary. ¦¬)

362.   362. Posted By: Mandy
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Schumacher in Montreal, then Vettel as the first two time winner in Valencia.

363.   363. Posted By: Tom Weaver
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:53 am

I’ll go with Vettel in Valencia. I have a feeling Schumi is going to do it this weekend. Lucky no. 7.

[Reply]

364.   364. Posted By: Toby S.
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 8:24 am

Webber this Sunday in Montreal. He’ll come from 3rd on the grid to win.

365.   365. Posted By: Hendo
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Button for me.

366.   366. Posted By: Eduan
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Against all odds I say Schumacher for the win in Canada and a second win in Valencia.

367.   367. Posted By: jawsf1
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Ill go with Lewis Hamilton, he had back to backs in 07,08 and think he’s heading for similar consistancy So wouldn’t suprise me if he won next two races in a row!

368.   368. Posted By: James M
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

Aussie Mark [Webber], all the way, he’ll win with confidence, the key for his performance.

369.   369. Posted By: Tim
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

James –

do you think Schumacher’s pole in Monaco could him that extra confidence to win in Canada – a track that should suit the Mercedes and a track where he has been very successful? I do note that Schumacher has not necessarily been a confidence driver in the past, but maybe confidence is exactly what he needs given his somewhat difficult comeback so far…?

370.   370. Posted By: Joshua Convery
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:08 pm

Webber to make it 2 in a row for mine

371.   371. Posted By: Niall
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

372.   372. Posted By: ed24f1
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 6:18 pm

Vettel

373.   373. Posted By: esekadipisha
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 7:10 pm

I´ve no doubt: Fernando Alonso will be the one…!!!

374.   374. Posted By: Polestar31
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Nico Rosberg. He usually performs well in Montreal. Of course, the Pirelli lottery decides the final winner…

375.   375. Posted By: Charlie B
        Date: June 3rd, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Nico Rosberg will be the first double winner this season.

376.   376. Posted By: Adam
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 1:44 am

Webbski for me! not this week though, I think MS will win. Valencia looks good.

377.   377. Posted By: JohnO
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 3:20 am

Canada

Quali –
    1st Rosberg
    2nd Schumacher
    3rd Alonso

Race –
    1st Schumacher
    2nd Alonso
    3rd Button

378.   378. Posted By: Thebe
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 7:31 am

Michael Schumacher : I suspect he is finaly coming to grips with that Mercedes & possibly the tyres as well. He was on pole in Monaco and his pace in the race was not too bad.

I think he has a fair chance of being the 7th Winner, I suspect he has the Team’s support in making that possible.

Hopefully he has turned a corner .

379.   379. Posted By: Petra
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 11:18 am

The first driver, who will win a second race in 2012 will be Mark Webber, with a win in Canada this weekend. :-)

380.   380. Posted By: Estophile
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

Kimi Räikkönen

381.   381. Posted By: Mark Taylor
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

382.   382. Posted By: Adrian
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

Most defiantly Sebastian vettel! :)

383.   383. Posted By: Jed
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

Unfortunately it might be Vettel. If he wins, at least I will be happy to have a chance of winning some gadgets :)

384.   384. Posted By: BawnGP
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

ill say it 7 times
    MSC MSC MSC MSC MSC MSC MSC
    Michael (7 letters)
    Will be the 7th winner this season
    7th win at Canada for him
    i lost 3 fingers in an accident (7 left)
    but MSC will take this for sure

385.   385. Posted By: Kidza
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 5:51 pm

Honestly, it could be anyone. Thanks to the tyres we don’t even know who is going to be quick in Canada. Nobody saw Red Bull winning Monaco after Barcelona, nobody saw Schumi getting pole either.

Based on performance in Barcelona though, I’d say that if Mclaren can get over their race pace (tyre) and pitstop issues, Hamilton should be strong once we get back to proper circuits from Silverstone onwards. As Valencia is also a high downforce high speed track, you’d think who ever does well there will be in good shape for the rest of the season as has been the case in all previous years where the winning team in Valencia have always gone on to win the constructor’s championship and the driver’s championship as well save for 2008.

Unfortunately, the tyres will dominate every race this season, so you can’t use the past to predict anything. Every race will be unpredictable right down to Inter Lagos. I just hope we get a championship fight somewhere along the way!

386.   386. Posted By: Roberto F
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

I believe it will be Vettel in Valencia. Canada I hope goes to Michael or Raikkonen, both wich deserve the win. But the first 2 time winner this year is going to be VETTEL.

387.   387. Posted By: Briggy
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

I’m going to go with Vettel. Not a fan of his, but I think there’ll be at least one more race where the Red Bull goes well and Seb does a race like so many from last season – gets pole, then follows it up with an easy win.

388.   388. Posted By: Ryan
        Date: June 4th, 2012 @ 9:34 pm

Mark Webber, and for the WDC too.

389.   389. Posted By: John Snow
        Date: June 5th, 2012 @ 11:59 am

Vettel. He’ll win in Valencia I think

390.   390. Posted By: April Jackson
        Date: June 5th, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

Its got to be Vettel, Red Bull are slowly rising back to the top

391.   391. Posted By: Jimmy E
        Date: June 5th, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

Nico Rosberg, with the form and car for Montréal.

392.   392. Posted By: David
        Date: June 6th, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Alonso , its a season made for him where all drivers get a chance and the winner is the one who grabs the opportunities.

393.   393. Posted By: Paul J
        Date: June 6th, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Alonso

with one win already and his consistency so far this season, he must be the favouriteto get a second win.I think it will be a mistake from another team rather than an outright pace victory though.

394.   394. Posted By: anthony
        Date: June 6th, 2012 @ 10:03 pm

well since this is a competition ill have to say schumi please :-)

395.   395. Posted By: kc
        Date: June 7th, 2012 @ 4:01 am

Webber

396.   396. Posted By: Alastair
        Date: June 7th, 2012 @ 6:00 am

Webber

There will be 7 winners in 7 races then webber to take silverstone.

[Reply]

397.   397. Posted By: Gleb K.
        Date: June 8th, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

398.   398. Posted By: daniel mawby
        Date: June 8th, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

The 1st 2 times winner: My heart wants it to be Frank’s Boy Maldonado or Jenson or Webber (in that order) but my head says it will be Alonso.

Which race is another interesting one – I’d say Michael or Lewis in Canada and then Alonso in Valencia.

399.   399. Posted By: KM