Posted on February 8, 2012
Darren Heath

JA on F1′s favourite photographer, Darren Heath, has opened an exhibition of his best 2011 photographs at the Collyer Bristow Gallery in London. The exhibition runs from 6th to 16th February.

Darren is widely regarded as one of Formula 1′s most creative and experienced photographers. A multi award winner, he has been the chosen photographic partner of JA on F1 since its inception in 2009 and a great supporter of the site.

The exhibition features many stunning images of Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and others in action at many of last year’s Grands Prix.

The artwork is presented in large framed limited edition prints, which are also available for purchase at the venue.

Collyer Bristow Gallery
4 Bedford Row
London
WC1R 4TF

Telephone for opening times: 020 7468 7200. A reminder: The exhibition runs from 6th to 16th February.

You can check out Darren’s work at http://www.darrenheath.com/ and follow him on Twitter @f1photographer

Tags:
Stunning Darren Heath photo exhibition launches in London
30 Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Stuart Fenton
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 11:33 am

I work not to far from here. Will defo pop over on my lunch break!

Wayne Reply:

I’ve never seen a phot from this guy that did not make me consider the subject matter from a perspective other than the default. A brilliant artist.

2.   2. Posted By: LMW
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 11:37 am

ooo, might pop in there when I’m in Town. Do we know if it’s free to get in..?

Darren Reply:

Yes it’s free

3.   3. Posted By: Martin B
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 11:44 am

Living in Yorkshire, it’s a shame I won’t be able to get to London during those days.

However, I’m certain whoever does go won’t be disappointed. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at Darren’s photography and each photograph is stunning. He captures the speed, emotion, colour and glamour of F1 in such a unique manner, his work is always a joy to see.

4.   4. Posted By: BobbyT
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

James, would Darren consider bringing the exhibition to Australia. Maybe at the same time as the Melbourne race?

James Allen Reply:

I’ll ask him

5.   5. Posted By: MISTER
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

This guy knows his stuff.
    Stunning pictures, every time.

6.   6. Posted By: Chris Fisher
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

No details on Collyer Bristow website, but will definately try and get over there to see this! Stunning photography! Always look forward to seeing the gallery on the BBC site. I enjoyed reading about Darren’s story of taking the photo that he used to do. Looking forward to 2012!

7.   7. Posted By: Darren
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

Im here now. It’s a law firm but they are lovely and happy for you to look around. Pictures are fab!

8.   8. Posted By: Ben
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

Will the exhibition be going on tour so that some of us non-townies* can get a look?

* ie. serious averse to going within 50 miles of London!

9.   9. Posted By: Stuart Fenton
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

Gave them a call – Mon-Fri – 9 -5 – PRIVATE viewings only. Not really a consumer facing exhibition!

James Allen Reply:

We’ve checked, it’s okay, no problem. Go along

10.   10. Posted By: AK
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

says the following:

“Viewing is strictly by appointment, Monday to Friday, during office hours.” :(

James Allen Reply:

Make an appointment then!

Darren Reply:

I just turned up. They said happy for me to look around, which I did and got me a price list. They even let me into a meeting room which was due to be used so I could see the pictures in there. Couldn’t have been more helpful.

antonyob Reply:

im going to go next week. did you get an idea of cost of the prints?

AK Reply:

Sorry, I should have said- the issue was more that it’s only during office hours! I can only go at the weekend.

11.   11. Posted By: CarlH
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Wish I could get to this, he does amazing work.

Any idea if he has plans for exhibitions further up north?

12.   12. Posted By: ben bailey
        Date: February 8th, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

Thanks James. Im booked in at noon tomorrow.

13.   13. Posted By: JohnBt
        Date: February 9th, 2012 @ 2:05 am

Darren’s photos are like moving still photography. Love the blurring effect very much. Great work!

14.   14. Posted By: Matt
        Date: February 9th, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Just been to gallery in London. Amazing photography!
    Would love the mclaren aero paint picture!

15.   15. Posted By: Matt
        Date: February 10th, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I love Darren’s work but, like other people, I can’t make it during “office hours” as I also work in an office!

Think we can persuade the Tate to do an exhibition!?

16.   16. Posted By: DonSimón
        Date: February 10th, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

On my way on Monday. Thanks for posting this, always loved his stuff, sometimes it seems like he’s the only F1 snapper.

17.   17. Posted By: LMW
        Date: February 10th, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

Have booked a time on Tuesday, looking forward to seeing the exhibition.

A couple of questions – do you think it would be OK to take a few pictures of the displays on my phone for a colleague who is unable to attend; and does anyone know the sort of price range of the pictures on offer for sale?

Ta.

James Allen Reply:

From being there the other night, the prints start around £300, frames are extra

18.   18. Posted By: Gannet
        Date: February 15th, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up, James, much appreciated.

19.   19. Posted By: Vin
        Date: February 16th, 2012 @ 10:08 pm

Interview with Darren by Peter Windsor on his “The Flying Lap” show:

James Allen Reply:

Watch out for a Darren Heath interview and report on the exhibition, coming up on my new podcast later this month

20.   20. Posted By: Jon
        Date: February 7th, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

According to the website its open to public this Saturday 10am until 3pm, for those who can’t go in office hours.

‘The gallery will be open to the public on Saturday 9 February (10am – 3pm)’