F1 World Champion 2014
Lewis Hamilton
Stunning Darren Heath photo exhibition launches in London
Darren Heath
Posted By: James Allen  |  08 Feb 2012   |  10:51 am GMT  |  30 comments

JA on F1′s favourite photographer, Darren Heath, has opened an exhibition of his best 2011 photographs at the Collyer Bristow Gallery in London. The exhibition runs from 6th to 16th February.

Darren is widely regarded as one of Formula 1′s most creative and experienced photographers. A multi award winner, he has been the chosen photographic partner of JA on F1 since its inception in 2009 and a great supporter of the site.

The exhibition features many stunning images of Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and others in action at many of last year’s Grands Prix.

The artwork is presented in large framed limited edition prints, which are also available for purchase at the venue.

Collyer Bristow Gallery
4 Bedford Row
London
WC1R 4TF

Telephone for opening times: 020 7468 7200. A reminder: The exhibition runs from 6th to 16th February.

You can check out Darren’s work at http://www.darrenheath.com/ and follow him on Twitter @f1photographer

1. Stuart Fenton says:

I work not to far from here. Will defo pop over on my lunch break!

1. Wayne says:

I’ve never seen a phot from this guy that did not make me consider the subject matter from a perspective other than the default. A brilliant artist.

2. LMW says:

ooo, might pop in there when I’m in Town. Do we know if it’s free to get in..?

1. Darren says:

Yes it’s free

3. Martin B says:

Living in Yorkshire, it’s a shame I won’t be able to get to London during those days.

However, I’m certain whoever does go won’t be disappointed. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at Darren’s photography and each photograph is stunning. He captures the speed, emotion, colour and glamour of F1 in such a unique manner, his work is always a joy to see.

4. BobbyT says:

James, would Darren consider bringing the exhibition to Australia. Maybe at the same time as the Melbourne race?

5. MISTER says:

This guy knows his stuff.
    Stunning pictures, every time.

6. Chris Fisher says:

No details on Collyer Bristow website, but will definately try and get over there to see this! Stunning photography! Always look forward to seeing the gallery on the BBC site. I enjoyed reading about Darren’s story of taking the photo that he used to do. Looking forward to 2012!

7. Darren says:

Im here now. It’s a law firm but they are lovely and happy for you to look around. Pictures are fab!

8. Ben says:

Will the exhibition be going on tour so that some of us non-townies* can get a look?

* ie. serious averse to going within 50 miles of London!

9. Stuart Fenton says:

Gave them a call – Mon-Fri – 9 -5 – PRIVATE viewings only. Not really a consumer facing exhibition!

We’ve checked, it’s okay, no problem. Go along

10. AK says:

says the following:

“Viewing is strictly by appointment, Monday to Friday, during office hours.” :(

Make an appointment then!

1. Darren says:

I just turned up. They said happy for me to look around, which I did and got me a price list. They even let me into a meeting room which was due to be used so I could see the pictures in there. Couldn’t have been more helpful.

2. antonyob says:

im going to go next week. did you get an idea of cost of the prints?

3. AK says:

Sorry, I should have said- the issue was more that it’s only during office hours! I can only go at the weekend.

11. CarlH says:

Wish I could get to this, he does amazing work.

Any idea if he has plans for exhibitions further up north?

12. ben bailey says:

Thanks James. Im booked in at noon tomorrow.

13. JohnBt says:

Darren’s photos are like moving still photography. Love the blurring effect very much. Great work!

14. Matt says:

Just been to gallery in London. Amazing photography!
    Would love the mclaren aero paint picture!

15. Matt says:

I love Darren’s work but, like other people, I can’t make it during “office hours” as I also work in an office!

Think we can persuade the Tate to do an exhibition!?

16. DonSimón says:

On my way on Monday. Thanks for posting this, always loved his stuff, sometimes it seems like he’s the only F1 snapper.

17. LMW says:

Have booked a time on Tuesday, looking forward to seeing the exhibition.

A couple of questions – do you think it would be OK to take a few pictures of the displays on my phone for a colleague who is unable to attend; and does anyone know the sort of price range of the pictures on offer for sale?

Ta.

From being there the other night, the prints start around £300, frames are extra

18. Gannet says:

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up, James, much appreciated.

19. Vin says:

Interview with Darren by Peter Windsor on his “The Flying Lap” show:

Watch out for a Darren Heath interview and report on the exhibition, coming up on my new podcast later this month

20. Jon says:

According to the website its open to public this Saturday 10am until 3pm, for those who can’t go in office hours.

‘The gallery will be open to the public on Saturday 9 February (10am – 3pm)’