Hot fun in Summertime
Budapest 2014
Hungarian Grand Prix
Winner announced in JA on F1 book competition
Winner announced in JA on F1 book competition
Posted By: James Allen  |  14 Nov 2010   |  8:48 am GMT  |  12 comments

We had a fantastic entry of over 400 in two days for the competition to win a signed copy of my 2010 season review book JA on F1 2010: Five Rivals, One Champion.

What was most impressive, as I’ve come to expect from the readers of this site, was the amount of guesses which were very close to the final figure.

By our reckoning we had at least 12 entries which were within 2/100ths of a second, so it was far more competitive than the F1 qualifying session itself!

But the winner is Brian M, entry number 336, who correctly predicted that Alonso would beat Webber by 0.133 seconds.

Congratulations to him and a signed and personalised copy of the book will be sent to him on publication date, November 29th.

Thanks to everyone for taking part.

1. Elliot says:

Congrats to Brian! It’s going to be an exciting day… and then I don’t know how we’re going to get through to March! =(

2. Jingjing says:

Congratulations,Brian.
    What a shame, I guessed Fernando beat Webber by 0.137

3. Galapago555 says:

Congrats Brian!!

James, looking forward to seeing how you manage this site through to march. I guess the next big one will be the screening of the movie about Senna on the new year. But what are we going to read before that?

Everything crossed for Fernando WDC title today!!

1. Rafael L says:

You should have been here for the offseason last year. You’d be surprised as to all the different and exciting things James is able to write about…

Love the site, James. Thanks so much for running it!

4. unoc says:

Off topic, but wanted to tell say:

Good job on the grid for One (australia)… pitty you were stuck with greg ‘rusty’ rust.

Any chance you could do a brundle style grid walk for One by yourself next year? atleast every couple of races if not all? Surely the one budget can stretch to that, even if we do cut an exmotogp rider or v8 driver or two from the current program. :)

Well done for your job though!

5. Jo Torrent says:

Great finale for a great championship ! It is hard to swallow for a Ferrari fan like me but Vettel deserves it for many reasons. He was the better of the RedBull drivers and he was the unluckier of the championship contenders if we can call mechanical issues bad luck.

He needed the help of his old friend Schumacher and the ever implicated in crashes Liuzzi. Without that safety car, Alonso would’ve been world champion but that was part of the race. Petrov early stop combined with Renault blistering straight line speed prevented

In a way, the last race justified RedBull decision to back both drivers. If Vettel let Webber through in Brazil, Alonso would maybe have won the title with today’s result.

Webber was the lure today that trapped Ferrari strategists and ruined Alonso’s race. It’s always easy afterwards to see the mistakes but Ferrari was weak on the soft tyres since the start of the week-end and that proved to be their issue.

Besides, everything worked for RedBull, McLaren was surprisingly quick and Renault’s relative speed mixed with the different strategy of Kubica and the safety car which led to Petrov pit stop made Kubica protect Vettel from Hamilton and Petrov keep Alonso behind all the way to the end.

The main problem though was the lack of speed of the Ferrari on this track, they’ve never been fast here and Alonso had to dig deep in qualifying. If they were quick nothing would’ve happened this way.

Congrats Vettel you deserve it.

6. Brian M says:

Thanks James! I’m feeling super lucky this week as on Nov 8th I posted on Facebook “Seb wins from pole.” but with the details wrong: “Webber takes Alonso out trying to pass.”

I can’t wait for next season to start!

7. Nilesh says:

How do I order the book to ship it to the States? I only see the UK delivery options when I try to check out.

There are US options. It’s being delivered all over the world

1. Any news on a Kindle version, James?

2. Nilesh says:

Got it. :) I’ve got two of your books to read over the winter now. :D

Thanks for your amazing blog over the whole season! 118 days to go.

8. Dear Mr Allen, Sir could you or your company make me appointment to chat with Michael Schumacher, has i would like to ask him about the book i wrote for him, he has a first printed signed edition, it is called Man on the Move subtitled Michael Schumacher, My Sporting Hero. I have been a trusted loyal fan of him since 1991.I got Mr Jean Todt to post it to Michael. I have seen him 3 times at the car venue The Race of Champions.This would make me very happy, i know he is a very busy man but i am sure 1 hour wouldn’t do any harm. Thank you.