How the West was F1
Austin 2014
US Grand Prix
Air your views on radio after the German Grand Prix
Air your views on radio after the German Grand Prix
Posted By: James Allen  |  24 Jul 2010   |  9:04 pm GMT  |  17 comments

After last weekend’s radio special on TalkSport went so well, I’m taking part in the Eddie Irvine post race show on Sunday at 8pm.

It will just be a short analysis segment from me, but the producers are looking for some fans to take part in the discussion and give their points of view and ask Eddie anything they want about the race.

If you want to take part please let me know in the comments section at the end of this post and we will pick two or three people at random. We’ll email in the morning to get a phone number and then pass that on to the producers who will call when the show is on.

If you miss out, don’t worry, we will be doing this again, probably at the Hungarian GP.

1. Brandon says:

Sounds good James I’m very impressed as to the level of fan interaction that formula 1 has had of late

2. David Smith says:

Yet again James brings the fans into getting involved in the sport. Have a few questions.
    Regards

3. Galapago555 says:

James, I would like to participate, if it is possible from Spain.

4. Bas Altena says:

Hi,

I am a 23 year old political journalist from the Netherlands. I work for Dutch radio. Radio 1 actually. I follow F1 closely from the age of 9 (I know, pretty ridiculous :-)), and inform myself with any information about F1, race-analysis, the political aspect, the technical aspect etc.

Anyway, loved the TALKSport show you did last time, and hope (good for my ego, let’s be honest ;-)) to contribute to the show this time.

Good luck and keep up the good work/blogs!

5. Ahmed says:

I’d love to take part!

6. Paul Neale says:

Interesting idea James,

I’d like to ask Eddie what his view is on F1 publicity in general, such as the upcoming face-off due between FOTA and FOM and whether he thinks the fans should have a front-row seat, or whether any future deals should be done behind closed-doors?

I have my own opinion, but that’s for me to know and you to find out…

7. Ginger says:

Enjoyed the show last week, nice to have a chunk of F1on a non-race w/e.

Would love to take part in the show.

Thanks.

8. Nick172 says:

I hope Ferrari’s utterly disgraceful decision to ask Massa to move over for Alonso is discussed.

How much more obvious does it need to be before the FIA take action? Though I’m sure Jean Todt can relate to what just happened from personal experience so. Othing will happen as usual.

James please headline your race report with – FERRARI TEAM ORDERS RUIN GERMAN GP

1. Mark says:

Alonso was the faster of the two drivers today thus Massa had to drive defensively to hold him off once the change to hards had been made. Between teammates is this ideal? They both want to win but at what cost, we’ve seen what happened at Red Bull when a driver made it hard for his quicker teammate to get by.

Alonso’s tires would have been suffering following in Massa’s wake when he should have been out in clear air. Also it was allowing Vettel to close in on the pair of them.

I understand Alonso’s frustration at having to fight a slower TEAMMATE for position. Ferrari looking at the car data decided that Alonso WAS being held up thus the order.

Unlike the Schumi/Barry fiasco in Austria(?) there was a logical reason to let Alonso by:

A he was faster
      B he is ahead in the championship
      C he is also been the quicker of the two all year so the thinking at Ferrari is he’s our better bet at taking a championship.

It’s already occurred before in Australia. Alonso was clearly quicker and made a few attempts to get by Massa but Massa put up a fight so he backed off to insure a finish.

Massa certainly drove well but not enough to deserve the win IMO.

9. brian gilbert says:

BAN RADIO’S IN F1 CARS LET THE DRIVERS WIN OR LOOSE!!!!!!!!

10. Robert Lujan says:

Will Ferrari be punished? Should they be punished? I say Felipe earned the win, but Fernando may need the points at the end of the season. Did Ferrari even make an attempt to hide what they were doing? I say they want to see what the FIA will do. Ferrari hope to get away with it and show everyone how important they are to F1. This will be another interesting battle OFF the circuit!

11. Andy C says:

I’d love to ask eddie what he thought of the team orders today James.

He was on the end of it at Ferrari so would know exactly what politics occur within the halls of maranello.

12. Ronnie S says:

I was £36k out with my guess regarding Ferrari’s punishment (I said £100k). Bargain for Ferrari. I think the problem is weak management at Ferrari i.e. this embarrassment, Alonso’s Drive Through Pen at Silverstone etc. It will come back to bite them when the crunch comes at the end of the season. By the way, I recommend Talksport’s F1 review. Love Eddie Irvine for his honesty and James is one of the very best journos in the business.

13. Alan Wignall says:

As a fan I’m increasingly cynical about F1 and questioning my future support for the sport. Judging by the hurt and anger expressed by fans on many of the F1 forum’s, I’m not alone.

Isn’t it time F1 put it’s house in order and realised that commercial and team interests are best served by ensuring the support of the fans through genuine racing?

If F1 continues down this path of being self-serving the fans will soon switch off.

14. alejandro says:

Hi James, any chance at all of getting these radio shows in podcast form? Cheers

15. English Dave says:

Podcast download would be great. In fact I’m sure a regular podcast would be popular whether it was on the radio or not!

16. sean k says:

BET BERNIE IS RUBBING HIS HANDS TOGETHER JUST MORE AND MORE PUBLICITY FOR F1 DONT THINK THEY NEEDED TO DO IT SO SOON IN THE SEASON AND JUST TO SAY THANKS TO MASSA FOR NEARLY DYING IN ONE OF THEIR CARS THEY COULD HAVE LET HIM HAVE THE WIN EVEN IF ALONSO LOST THE WC BY THEM SEVEN POINTS MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE GOT HIS FINGER OUT EARLIER IN SEASON AT LEAST SHUEY PUT RUBINO ON THE TOP STEP OF THE PODIUM AS A MARK OF RESPECT