For anyone interested in the ongoing troubles of USF1, it’s worth checking out Autosport tonight. They have a well researched and thorough piece on the situation from an anonymous team insider, alleging that the whole thing has been poorly planned by team principal Ken Anderson and that the staff are uncertain whether they will be paid this week. Autosport have also put the allegations to Anderson who calls them “one-sided”.
The source suggests that the only person who can rescue the situation is multi-millionaire You Tube backer Chad Hurley, “(We) feel Hurley has no intention of abandoning us even though the media has said he’s gone with Campos, ” said the source. But at this stage, Hurley may well feel less than inclined to throw good money after bad.
“There has been precious little in the way of formal planning and documentation. No production schedules, simply very little in the way of planning,” said the source.
“Our January 15 pay cheque was late. It was paid by the 20th or so, but it certainly caused commotion and people started asking questions.
“That’s when all the company’s issues came to a head, and the conclusion was… yes, we had been lied to about the long-term budget, and indeed the company had a cash flow issue. But as mentioned, that really was a secondary issue.
“Think of it this way, ignoring the fact that we were lied to about the budget, if you don’t have a car or can’t show serious progress in that direction, potential sponsors aren’t going to have a tendency to give you money.
“At the moment there are still 60 people working in Charlotte, but 10 have already left.”
Read the whole article here USF1 Story