Posted on February 1, 2010
JA on F1 Tweets – all the news and insight in real time | James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen website on F1

I’m delighted to announce JA on F1 Tweets, an exciting new service for the 2010 season.
Picture 50

The idea of this subsite is to bring the sport and the fans closer together by pulling together tweets from inside and outside the sport in one place. What’s so special about it? The key is that you don’t have to be a twitter user to enjoy the wealth of insight and information about the sport that is available from twitter – and often nowhere else!

Think of this like a playlist; I’m the filter and this is my personal choice of Tweets I follow, from inside the sport and the best of the fan tweets. It’s pretty comprehensive already, but over time I will add in more feeds, as more teams and drivers come to the party. But I’m filtering out the junk and creating a genuine touch-point for the fans to the sport.

Here you will find insider information, the teams, the drivers, the journalists, the paddock insiders working on the commercial or technical side and I will work behind the scenes with them to develop the community.

And I will continue to review who’s making waves among the fan twitterers. So if you work in F1, or are a fan with something interesting to say and think you should be on here, then use the Suggest an ID box or send your Twitter ID to twitter@jamesallenonf1.com and we will take a look.

We also have twitter feeds from F1 media around the world, from the BBC to Brazil. The latest articles from websites and blogs as well as the traditional media are all linked to if they are ‘tweeted’ about.

So if you want to hear it first – you’ll hear it here first!

This week we will be live in Valencia, pulling together the tweets with the latest news on the testing. Click on the “Live at Valencia” tab.

Picture 40
But there is more to it than that. The navigation of this device makes it really simple to find the tweets you’re really interested in. Want to know everything that is being said about Ferrari today? Then click on Ferrari in the display of team’s tweets and you will get all the latest tweets from the team and ones about them.

Click on Ferrari in the Search column and you’ll get all mentions of Ferrari from across the site. It’s a multi-dimensional new source – if one of the drivers or teams is the centre of attention for any reason, you can quickly pick up everything that is being said about them from inside and outside the industry.

We’ll be working on further improvements during the season, and would love to hear your ideas and feedback for how we can improve the service.

Click on the link to explore JA on F1 Tweets.

Tags:
JA on F1 Tweets – all the news and insight in real time
117 Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Andrew S
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:21 am

I have jssut put this on twitter but–

What a fantastic idea!

This unveiling is more impressive than the F1 cars this week!

Right back to work…

James Allen Reply:

Work? On a day like this?

Steve Mc Reply:

He He! It really is quite tricky to hide what’s on your monitor in an open plan office, though, James…I’m dreading the monthly internet usage report that the boss receives.

Oh well, how many first days of testing for the 2010 season do we get a year?

That said, however, I hope you realise that you will be held personally responsible for any loss of employment experienced as a direct result of remaining glued to the Twitter feed, James!

Henry Manney Reply:

“I’m dreading the monthly internet usage report that the boss receives.”

If you weren’t surfing the web while someone is paying you to do work, you would have nothing to fear, would you ?

A head of engineering at a company I know used this sort of thing to help him choose who got dismissed when the company was downsized. And you know, he had no sympathy for those who surfed the internet while they were supposed to be working, because they deserved none.

I work for myself, so I often work seven days a week,
    but at least I don’t have to cower in fear just because I’ve visited a website.

Steve Mc Reply:

@Henry Manney – Sorry Dad!

Mike Dawson Reply:

Cheers James… there goes what was going to be a productive day for me! :)

fantastic service, thanks for doing this :)

Stephen Hopkinson Reply:

I should be writing my dissertation; instead, I’m crouched over the laptop refreshing the live timing page (when it’s not crashing, at least).

Far too early to be reading anything into these times, would you agree James?

Anthony Reply:

Can you let me know the website showing live timing please

2.   2. Posted By: Dominic
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:23 am

Interesting. Hardly groundbreaking. It’s to F1 news, what the DVD was to the CD. Keep up the great work James. Hope to see you back in the commentary box soon!

3.   3. Posted By: Josh
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:24 am

great idea but please, for the love of God James, change your photo in the twitter plug on the right!

4.   4. Posted By: Dom
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:25 am

Hi James,

Great service James, any way of displaying it on this page? Twitter is banned on my work internet – probably is on other peoples too :(

James Allen Reply:

That’s the whole point, it’s not on Twitter it’s on my website! What happens when you try to go to http://twitter.jamesallenonf1.com ?

Aaron James Reply:

The keyword Twitter is probably banned James.

Phil Reply:

Hey James,

Looks great – glad to everything in one place. Most company firewalls and proxies will block by keyword so twitter itself in the title bar will do the damage. Maybe your techs could setup an alias address (tinfo.jamesallenonf1.com?) for us with over zealous company admins?

5.   5. Posted By: theothercoldone
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:27 am

FANTASTIC!

6.   6. Posted By: brad
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:30 am

id love to see actual test times included in the tweets, will be great if you could give those some priority…if possible

7.   7. Posted By: Insider
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:36 am

How is this different from using Twitter lists with a Twitter client that conveniently updates on your PC when there’s new stuff?

James Allen Reply:

1. It’s for people who don’t have Twitter and don’t want to maintain their own lists
    2. It’s my selection of twitterers to follow – for example tweeting live today from Valencia – I’m acting as the hub

Tim Lamkin Reply:

It works great!

8.   8. Posted By: Chris Crawford
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:43 am

Dang, I’m away all day today and not near my computer… can’t see any of this until tonight!

Keeping up to date on my iPhone though!

9.   9. Posted By: jonas
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:45 am

excellent idea James … nice one

10.   10. Posted By: jonas
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:49 am

Just had a look through it … its brilliant. I think I mentioned this before, but your site is surely second only to the mighty autosport.com when it comes to reliable F1 news and ideas.

Adrian Reply:

I’d actually rate James’ site above Autosport, purely based on the amount of “inside information” he is able to include. I mean sure, Autosport updates more often and has more stories, but the quality of JAOF1 more than makes up for it.

Personally, the only other F1 site I rate as highly is F1Fanatic…

Frenchie Reply:

Ditto except I replace f1fanatic with formula1blog.com for entertainment purposes.

11.   11. Posted By: Noelinho
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:49 am

That’s a great idea James. I Tweet on F1 quite a lot, so I would love to be added, but I tweet on lots of other things too. Are you looking for F1 only accounts, or do you have filters that will pick out F1 tweets?

Don’t want to accidentally fill your feed with football every Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening…

James Allen Reply:

For tweets to appear in the fanzone, they need to include “F1″ in the tweet or it gets filtered out.

We are looking for fans who have something interesting to say on the sport.

Noelinho Reply:

Fantastic. In that case, I will put my username forward and make sure I include the #F1 in relevant tweets. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

12.   12. Posted By: Neil
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:51 am

Excellent service! I’m really enjoying following everything as it happens without all the excess “I’m eating my dinner now” tweets! Also a very good way to include those who don’t want “full” twitter.

One suggestion, you could maybe make a link to a person’s twitter profile so that people who do use it can follow them directly as well?

James Allen Reply:

If you click on the user’s name beneath the tweet (ie where it says “1 minute ago by Sarah Holt”) it will take you to their twitter page

13.   13. Posted By: Petition2DChicaneTamburello
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:57 am

This is a very nice service. Thanks for setting it up and congratulations.

On the testing note, I noticed that the first few times set are a massive 18 or so seconds off the lap record at Valencia. Is this normal for the first runs at tests there or are the cars going to be slower than in past years?

James Allen Reply:

Just installation laps. Don’t read anything into it

Petition2DChicaneTamburello Reply:

Indeed, especially as I’m seeing grooves on the tyres on the cars?!

14.   14. Posted By: Frenchie
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:01 am

Excellent idea. Thank you James.

I’m glad you are filtering tweets out. It looks quite overwhelming already. :-)

15.   15. Posted By: Dermot Keelan
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:04 am

One Word: Fantastic.

16.   16. Posted By: Desdi
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:08 am

Pretty ingenious I have to say.
    Thanks James!

17.   17. Posted By: Andrew Jackling
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:11 am

Fantastic innovation James, looking forward to using this site throughout the 2010 season.

18.   18. Posted By: Chetz
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:11 am

Amazing…. thanks…

19.   19. Posted By: Nathan Bradley
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:13 am

Hi James,

I know this is in the wrong place but I couldn’t find a contact link!

I’m planning to go to Jerez for the test, but I’m probably only going to be able to go for one day. Being a big Lewis Hamilton fan, I would like to go when he will be driving the car. Reading into what you wrote about Valencia, I’m assuming that there will only be one car per team, with one driver per day.

If this is the case, is there somewhere I could find out who will be driving day-by-day?

Great new tweets service by the way, thanks!

P.S. Is there somewhere we can get live timing on the web for the tests?

Thanks, and sorry for the long, rambling post!

Hamilton will be driving on the 12th Feb and 18th Feb

Nathan Bradley Reply:

Cheers James, top class website and new tweets service, thanks!

CTP Reply:

On this note… why, with such limited running this year, would mclaren have gary paffett running today? seems to me like jenson should get the extra day to get up to speed with the new team, no?

20.   20. Posted By: Daniel
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:27 am

Excellent idea James.

21.   21. Posted By: Bradley Sargeant
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:30 am

Hi James,
    The f1 tweets is a great idea, awsome for keeping up with testing. I just noticed on a dutch site f1today.nl that there is testing listed at Silverstone on the 4th and 5th Feb. Do you if this is true and if so whos going to be there and is it worth going?

Thanks Brad

Bradley Sargeant Reply:

Ive just seen from your tweets page that Virgin will be there Thursday and Friday and Lotus on Friday.

James Allen Reply:

Not in Valencia – the test ends Weds!

Bradley Sargeant Reply:

No, at Silverstone

22.   22. Posted By: PaulL
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:44 am

Hey James, nice work, you’ve really given F1 a unique interface with the fans and I heaps respect that.

One thing at a time, but I really wouldn’t mind an iPhone app sometime that gave us a news feed and the same ability to write comments – all in an iPhone screen friendly size. I’m sure one of your readers would be more than up to the task for an app that simple.

23.   23. Posted By: Jon Wilde
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:57 am

Excellent new service!! shame I can’t use it in work.

Is it just me or does the MGP W01 look a lot like the orginal A1GP car? (engine cover and air intake)

Looking forward to test times this afternoon

24.   24. Posted By: Alan Zechter
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

OK, that is pretty awesome! Love it!

25.   25. Posted By: John F
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Cool!

I actually loathe Twitter. But in the form you presented it (filtering out all the meaningless babble and spam), I can see its value.

26.   26. Posted By: RocK
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

We need a JA iPhone app..

One thing at a time…!

27.   27. Posted By: Gareth
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:26 pm

Brilliant James, thank you very much! Far, far less going to be achieved while at work now!

28.   28. Posted By: Nadeem Zreikat
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

Great idea James makes it easy for us to follow so much more in depth espeically during GP’s and pre season tests. Something so simple the FIA should be talking to you on marketing the sport.

Can’t wait for the season.

29.   29. Posted By: Javier Alonso
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 12:45 pm

James, I´m really glad you did this.
    Do you think you can create a Twitter List with all the users you´re following (that have to do with F1, of course) so I can follow it from my BlackBerry? I would really love that since I´m a twitter user and I´m usually on the go, so it´s not convenient for me to access your website everytime.
    Thanks for the great feature and for giving us you´re great coverage of all things F1.

30.   30. Posted By: Thomas
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Great service! I have something similar set up myself, but with your hand-picked tweets it got so much better:)

However, does it auto-update? I failed to find a button for this. Would it be possible to implement?

31.   31. Posted By: James B
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

this is great, can’t access twitter at work but this site works a charm to keep me up to date with the days events, james allen does it again!

32.   32. Posted By: Matthew Villari
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

what do you reckon of the mclaren diffuser James?

[Reply]

33.   33. Posted By: Gavin Brown (RubberGoat)
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

I’ve been playing around with it today and it’s very impressive. Like Twitter lists with the amp turned up to 11!

Great stuff James, thanks for providing the service…

34.   34. Posted By: Peter
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

Great idea James. See the BBC are doing something similar but no where near as in depth.

35.   35. Posted By: Érico
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

It all seems like a considerable load of work for the benefit of the fans. Thanks a lot.

36.   36. Posted By: Jo
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

James, this is absolutely fantastic. Brilliant! Thankyou so much!

37.   37. Posted By: Tom
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

Congratulations James, that’s brilliant, a much more attractive way that Twitter to present the latest news. You can be proud of your network of sources – I’ve discovered some great new ones this morning!

Just one question: how can I make the “live from Valencia” page update itself automatically?

James Allen Reply:

We will go to auto-refresh in time, but for the moment we are monitoring the traffic loads so it doesn’t crash.

38.   38. Posted By: Hyperion
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

What a fantastic service James!

Really well thought out- and works really well.
    Others have said you can do this yourself on Twitter, but I find lists on Twitter quite cumbersome.

I love to have a window running JA on F1 Tweets in the background, checking up on it from time to time.

39.   39. Posted By: dren
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

Looks great James! Thanks, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get info on the action at work today, but this solved it!

40.   40. Posted By: three4three
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

Hello James,
    This is genius! I am not a twitter-er and this has opened up a whole world of info without my having to actually join twitter (which I still don’t get) which is just fantastic, thank you very much!

41.   41. Posted By: Nick
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

The Twitter link works on iPhones (does on mine!)

42.   42. Posted By: Jim
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

First of all, this is a great service! Thank you James for making Twitter useful ;-)

If I may make a small suggestion: how about adding the time of day to the messages? It’s nice to see “6 minutes ago”, but when I refresh the page it’s difficult to find my place again! If they also had “13:11″ or whatever, it would be much easier.

43.   43. Posted By: Nick
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Just a quick note for all iPhone users requesting an app

I have found that just opening this page in the safari browser opens the mobile version of the page which is fantastic for browsing blog entries and posting comments, also the twitter link does work through safari.

James, unfortunately for most of us we don’t have the luxury off getting paid to hang around f1 paddocks gossiping with the greats (though I’m sure we would all love too!) great reporting though one request, once the afternoon session is over can you post a list of drivers and times, can’t find a live update anywhere!

44.   44. Posted By: NA
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

Great idea! Very useful. Thanks a lot James.

45.   45. Posted By: Paul Mc
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

Congrats on the project its brilliant and for F1 fantatics its a great all in one resource. Its going to be fantastic come race time.

Sitting here waiting to see if Schumi can beat Rosbergs time :)

46.   46. Posted By: Stevie P
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:44 pm

Ooooooooh it’s like comparethemeerkat… ;-)

So who’s doing the leg-work James… surely not you sir? You mean you’re filtering twitter, yourself, to say “yep, that’s relevant” and \ or “nope, that’s not relevant”.

Ah-ha… I see… “include “F1″ in the tweet or it gets filtered out” – well prepare to be bombarded by peeps putting “F1″ in their tweets!

Nice to be able to see the times coming up, within a tweet; rather than having to use some “dodgy” translator, that tells me “sweet bread has done a good time… a 10hrs 5mins”… wow, what a lap!!! ;-)

47.   47. Posted By: Ian Lawrence
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 2:48 pm

Hello James,
    It’s a great idea and works really well. Is there any chance you will be adding an auto update feature to the site like twitterfall or the text service the BBC uses?

Keep up the good reporting.

Ian

48.   48. Posted By: theothercoldone
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 3:39 pm

I commented earlier above (@5), but shall say that this is amazing stuff. I’ve deliberately limited my F1 info to your site, with occasional forays to ITV-f1.com, but now I can see that it will be difficult to contain myself! Keep up the great ideas, and the only thing I have to say from a couch potato’s viewpoint is – please keep it free!

49.   49. Posted By: Paige
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

Hmm…

While this may not mean anything because teams are running different fuel loads, I’d like to point out that DLR is setting some darned quick times in testing today.

Wouldn’t it be something if Sauber pulled off a “Brawn” this season?

50.   50. Posted By: Paige
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 4:17 pm

Speaking of testing…

Can we expect an insider’s update on testing later today, James? ;)

51.   51. Posted By: peter
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 4:29 pm

De La Rosa with a 1.12.778! Slight echos of Brawn GP last year? However unlike Brawn Gp last year I really do think this is low fuel runs by tge Sauber team just to attract sponsors.

52.   52. Posted By: Toastiejoe
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

Reaction so far? The idea is great, but the filtering not adequate. Already too many uncritical “Schumi’s faster!” tweets appearing. We need it boiled down to the meat….

53.   53. Posted By: Mike from Medellin, Colombia
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

James, I really like this..thanks for doing this. It will really help me to keep up to date from here in Colombia.

I am not a traditional twitter user and this is an excellent filter for relevant news.

Brilliant site…..I am surprised that you don’t charge for it.

Best wishes from Colombia.

Thanks for that

54.   54. Posted By: Alexx
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

Great Work & Thanks Jimbo!

Excellent understanding of your audience!

55.   55. Posted By: John Speed
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

This is great James…

Now what about adding pictures and videos from fans, teams, media all in real time?

check out what we did for a Pro hockey team http://www.ottawa67shub.com

this would be incredible in F1!

James Allen Reply:

Interesting. Thanks for that. We’ll discuss it.

56.   56. Posted By: Twafik
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Hi James,

Very impressed with this idea; really quite good! Great website and excellent reporting.

Cheers!

57.   57. Posted By: Vinicius Antunes
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 6:11 pm

This is the best service ever!

58.   58. Posted By: Michael
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

The JA site is the best F1 site on the web now. It’s the first site I visit and there’s always fantastic in depth analysis. Good work James. (Can you feel a ‘but’ coming?) :)

But this is a rubbish idea. Give it a month and see how few people are using it. For those that actually use Twitter and get the concept they are already following the various F1 feeds. Those that don’t get Twitter won’t get this and will be bored fairly quickly.

(And the fact that one has to manually refresh to get updated feeds makes this a doubly dead Dodo. If there is such a thing.

James Allen Reply:

You’re the first one to be negative about it. And I’ve had lots of messages from people who aren’t Twitter users and love the idea of being able to access all this content in this way. Thanks for your comment anyway

three4three Reply:

Interesting you feel that way. I’m one of those you mention who don’t use twitter (not even been on the site) and I’m finding this new service to be massively helpful, indeed I’ve had a tab with the page open all day the last two days! Also, I don’t think I’ll get bored of it, it’ll be good during test/quali/race sessions too I imagine.

59.   59. Posted By: Ray
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

Awesome! I don’t tweet, so this is perfect. I feel like I’m there while I’m work. Thanks you!
    adamcooperf1 has some great pics. Very cool!

60.   60. Posted By: Noelinho
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

I’m not sure how useful that would be – the site is already optimised for the iPhone. Unless it contained new features, it wouldn’t add a whole lot.

61.   61. Posted By: Noelinho
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

That would be great to add once you’re confident the servers can handle it. Has been great to discover some new F1 Tweeters.

62.   62. Posted By: Bayan
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:14 pm

Way off topic here i don’t know if this has been asked but i just saw the Mercedes car and it looks really good and fast. But i have a question. Aren’t the exhaust tips on the car violating the rules? Didn’t ferrari have to modify there exhausts last year cause everyone made a fuss about the aero impact they have? Please confirm.

Thanks James… also, love JA.Tweets.. keep up the great work..

63.   63. Posted By: Steven K
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

Hi James this was a top idea, hats off to you. Can we discuss the results of testing today. What were you overall thoughts. Mclaren fans seem to be a bit down about Paffet being 1 second off the pace but we can’t look to much into that can we? I mean he isn’t Lewis or Jenson and i expect Lewis to post some quick times tomorrow as they learn more from todays testing data.

Thanks

Steve

James Allen Reply:

Be patient. It will take time to figure out where everyone is, but we will

64.   64. Posted By: Steve W
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

Thanks James, I used it today to keep up to date with the testing news and really like it. Don’t know if it’s because of the limited testing now, but don’t think I’ve ever followed an F1 testing session as closely as today! Its great that F1 2010 is under way!

65.   65. Posted By: Moohcowh
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

Is there any point in an actual Iphone app? Seems to me just a different stylesheet and some Ajax to reload the page in s nice way would suffice. That way lots of smartphones would be covered.

66.   66. Posted By: Aaron James
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

I absolutely LOVE this James!!

Someone give him a knighthood!

67.   67. Posted By: Nick
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

Am I the only one to notice Schumacher completed 40 laps while rosberg completed 39 I may be Reading to much into this but he did mention the total of 79 in an interview, the mind games may have already started

68.   68. Posted By: dans
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 8:44 pm

Nice idea, will give it a go.

One thing so far, can you remove the yellow highlight from search results, makes it very annoying to read the text.

69.   69. Posted By: DK
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

James thanks for coming up with your F1 tweats, it is great. Ive never been into twitter but for an F1 fan what you have done makes perfect sence and is so hepfull, cheers.

James Allen Reply:

Thanks for that. I’m pleased with the response

70.   70. Posted By: GP
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 10:48 pm

Fantastic, James!

What you’re doing for the racing community and its fans is remarkable.

When one door closes another one opens. I wonder if you would have the time to do this if you were still doing the broadcast… ;-)

71.   71. Posted By: TommyB
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:28 pm

What a fantastic idea!!! Great job James

72.   72. Posted By: Monika S
        Date: February 1st, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

Nice work James, thank you so much!! I´m actually a twitter user and even though I “follow” a lot of recognized F1 pundits (including you, of course :-D ), it is always welcome to have the news with your filter. Already in my bookmarked sites!!

Great start of the pre-season!! Cheers!

73.   73. Posted By: Daveofoz
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 1:24 am

Hi James,
    Great work mate… Thanks.
    One request: Is it possible to have this set up as an RSS feed (similar to your blog)?
    Thanks,
    D

74.   74. Posted By: Jon Wilde
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 9:38 am

So James, To celebrate the launch of your excellent new service when will you be launching a competition with your sponsor to win the sexy Silverstone watch displayed on the background of the site????? (SOON PLEASE!!)

75.   75. Posted By: Rahul Seth
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 10:08 am

Hi James,

My first thought of this website was why was it so special? It just looks like a collaboration of tweeters put by you.

It was then later I realised people were clicking on my blog tweets after your website picked that I was blogging on Twitter with hashtags.

Thank you so much for being a leading entrepreneur in F1 journalism. I dearly miss your commentary during the race. However your presence on your blog and Twitter have certainly made for your on air absence.

Cheers

Rahul

Thanks for that.

76.   76. Posted By: Frankie Allen
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

What an excellent feed, can’t thank you enough. Just a pity I can’t make much sense of what is really going on in terms of a winning car!

77.   77. Posted By: Robert George
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 7:27 pm

James

This is excellent and I think, groundbreaking. I am not a twitter user. I was keeping an eye on the closing hour at Valencia today (presumably just the type of thing the Tweet site was invented for).I did not realise there were so many people at the track sending in comments and photos.

I look forward to the first Grand Prix when I will keep an eye on the comments (which I suspect will be more informative than the commentary at the official formula1.com live timings page).

My one request: for an automatic refresh every minute (especially on the main home page).

Congratulations and well done for taking your excellent site to another level.

James Allen Reply:

We have to understand the traffic flows first and then we can activate auto refresh

78.   78. Posted By: Arale
        Date: February 2nd, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

Hi James, the idea’s great!
    As many your followers are in China (Where twitter is banned), I find my fellow Chinese gangs can still use the service. It is so hard for Chinese to follow the twitter so I am just wondering if you would like to share the plug-in you are using. (I assume you are using a WordPress Blog system judging from your site structure)

Thanks!

79.   79. Posted By: Ali
        Date: February 3rd, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

I’ve been following the Valencia test via your ‘Live at Valencia’ Twitter feed page and it’s brilliant.

As someone who doesn’t have a Twitter account (not really worth it if you don’t have an iPhone-type portable internet gizmo), that page is a godsend.

80.   80. Posted By: MichaelinBeijing
        Date: February 6th, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

Dear Mr. Allen,

Not quite sure you will see this…but I wonder if anyone has suggested to add an auto-refresh function to the twitter page?

:-)

James Allen Reply:

Yes we should have that soon. We wanted to understand the likely server loads first.

81.   81. Posted By: james bowie
        Date: September 29th, 2010 @ 7:59 pm

has anyone heard the rumour that massa was visting the mercedes hq today?