Posted on June 20, 2009
Mallya takes on the heavyweights | James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen website on F1

A bit of light relief from Silverstone this evening.

IMG_0129
I was passing the Force India motorhome when I spied a crowd inside all cheering. On closer inspection I found team boss Vijay Mallya with three darts in his hands taking on Bobby George, twice runner up in the Darts World Championships.

IMG_0132
The pair were warming up because tonight Force India are hosting a darts evening for the media and guests. I would imagine that this is an evening on which Radio 5 Live commentator David Croft will come into his own as the ‘seven sausage a day’ Croft is an experienced darts commentator and has been known to chuck the odd ‘arra’ himself.

Tags:
Mallya takes on the heavyweights
No Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Howard Hughes
        Date: June 20th, 2009 @ 8:23 pm

Haha that’s ace. That guy’s worth billions and he’s chucking darts at a board. Class. God I love this site.

[Reply]

2.   2. Posted By: Phil
        Date: June 20th, 2009 @ 9:06 pm

nice to have something “light and non-political” for a change

[Reply]

3.   3. Posted By: Caron
        Date: June 20th, 2009 @ 10:52 pm

This reminds me of a high pressure workplace where one of the ways (the others being very questionably smutty banter and lots of tubs of chocolates) of relieving stress was to play Darts. I would be sitting at my desk scared to move as darts whizzed past my head.

[Reply]

4.   4. Posted By: duhhh123
        Date: June 20th, 2009 @ 11:48 pm

So how did Mallya do?

[Reply]

5.   5. Posted By: ROBATCLAXBY
        Date: June 21st, 2009 @ 10:53 am

ARRAs.! That’s the name of a racing team ennit?

[Reply]

6.   6. Posted By: parrafone
        Date: June 21st, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

Haha, nice story James.

I’m loving the commentary from David Croft and Anthony Davidson this year. Their commentary really beats anything currently on TV!

They have such a great laugh together and Croft’s “sausage pit stop” story had me in giggles!

KUTGW, James :-)

[Reply]

7.   7. Posted By: Colin S
        Date: June 22nd, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

What does David do with his seven sausages a day then?

[Reply]

8.   8. Posted By: James Allen
        Date: June 22nd, 2009 @ 11:23 pm

Eats them of course, he went into it in some detail on Saturday morning’s practice coverage on 5 Live. After I posted on this, he said that he was joking that he was going to get his lawyers on me, but I pointed out that as he had spent best part of 5 minutes taking about his tragic sausage addiction, he had brought it on himself!!

[Reply]

9.   9. Posted By: Colin S
        Date: June 23rd, 2009 @ 4:11 pm

Ah thank you. I missed that. I notice another site picked it up though and it’s possible that the seven sausages is going to stick now.

[Reply]