Hot fun in Summertime
Budapest 2014
Hungarian Grand Prix
Mallya takes on the heavyweights
Mallya takes on the heavyweights
Posted By:   |  20 Jun 2009   |  5:33 pm GMT  |  0 comments

A bit of light relief from Silverstone this evening.

IMG_0129
I was passing the Force India motorhome when I spied a crowd inside all cheering. On closer inspection I found team boss Vijay Mallya with three darts in his hands taking on Bobby George, twice runner up in the Darts World Championships.

IMG_0132
The pair were warming up because tonight Force India are hosting a darts evening for the media and guests. I would imagine that this is an evening on which Radio 5 Live commentator David Croft will come into his own as the ‘seven sausage a day’ Croft is an experienced darts commentator and has been known to chuck the odd ‘arra’ himself.

No Comments
  1. Howard Hughes says:

Haha that’s ace. That guy’s worth billions and he’s chucking darts at a board. Class. God I love this site.

2. Phil says:

nice to have something “light and non-political” for a change

3. Caron says:

This reminds me of a high pressure workplace where one of the ways (the others being very questionably smutty banter and lots of tubs of chocolates) of relieving stress was to play Darts. I would be sitting at my desk scared to move as darts whizzed past my head.

4. duhhh123 says:

So how did Mallya do?

5. ROBATCLAXBY says:

ARRAs.! That’s the name of a racing team ennit?

6. parrafone says:

Haha, nice story James.

I’m loving the commentary from David Croft and Anthony Davidson this year. Their commentary really beats anything currently on TV!

They have such a great laugh together and Croft’s “sausage pit stop” story had me in giggles!

KUTGW, James :-)

7. Colin S says:

What does David do with his seven sausages a day then?

Eats them of course, he went into it in some detail on Saturday morning’s practice coverage on 5 Live. After I posted on this, he said that he was joking that he was going to get his lawyers on me, but I pointed out that as he had spent best part of 5 minutes taking about his tragic sausage addiction, he had brought it on himself!!

9. Colin S says:

Ah thank you. I missed that. I notice another site picked it up though and it’s possible that the seven sausages is going to stick now.