Posted on April 17, 2009
Follow quali and the race with live twitter updates | James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen website on F1

This weekend I will again be doing a live update service during qualifying and the race using twitter, which you can follow here on jamesallenonf1.com or on twitter itself.

It is basically a feed of my thoughts and observations as the action unfolds; reading the race, seeing the trends, looking at how the strategies are unfolding and so on.

At present if you follow the updates here on the JA on F1 site you will have to refresh the page (will have that fixed soon). If you go to twitter.com and ask to follow jamesallenonf1 you will get the updates as soon as I post them.

Qualifying starts at 7am UK time and the race goes off at 8am.

Tags:
Follow quali and the race with live twitter updates
No Responses

1.   1. Posted By: Thomas
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

Thanks for the tweets, James. I really love them, they add a lot to the experience, and especially to qualifying.

A hint to other followers: add twitterfox extension to firefox, then the tweets will pop up in your browser. I use firefox for live timing, so having that and James’ tweets in the same window are great.

2.   2. Posted By: Matt
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 6:24 pm

Have enjoyed the previous race, until I’ve had to pause the sky+ for a break, and then you’re all of a sudden a spoiler service. =)

3.   3. Posted By: Jem
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 6:57 pm

Your tweets were invaluable to me at the last race as I was at Brands watching the BTCC support races at the time. Keep ‘em coming JA and thank you.

4.   4. Posted By: Martin P
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 7:17 pm

Bloody hell, is that english??? I’ve only just learned how to turn my telly on without the remote. It sounds great though so I’m off to google “firefox”!

5.   5. Posted By: Clare
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 7:26 pm

James what is your name on Twitter?

I can’t find you!

Thanks :0

6.   6. Posted By: rpaco
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 7:37 pm

Thanks for twitterfox tip, just installed it, much better than having to keep another tab open for twitter.

7.   7. Posted By: F1ice
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 7:44 pm

Thats a good tip Thomas. I have the tweets sent straight to my phone just like texts as its free on Vodafone. Looking forward to this weekends tweets.

8.   8. Posted By: BIGOJS
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 8:40 pm

I’ve been following the websites and then the tweets from Day 1. Pure quality, very insightful and great contrast to the usual news feeds. Keep it up James, appreciate it.

9.   9. Posted By: MartinWR
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

Just noticed MIG Investments (a Mansour company) logo on the Brawn GP front wing. It’s a three year deal. Clearly sponsors had to wait until the silly diffuser nonsense was finally knocked on the head. Thank goodness the team isn’t going to have to depend wholly on Virgin finance. That would have been truly scary!

10.   10. Posted By: Nathan
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 9:39 pm

James

I absolutely love watching F1 while following your tweets on my iphone. Looking forward to another great race weekend.

11.   11. Posted By: George
        Date: April 17th, 2009 @ 10:43 pm

A little bit off topic, but I just watched the Ted Kravitz’s interview of Rubens Barrichello on the BBC website and it was very interesting. Rubens basically said that the team cost him the win in Malaysia by not taking his advice on tires (he wanted to go for a similar strategy to Glock), but he seemed to be very relaxed about it, obviously it’s one of those decisions that can go either way, but it says something for the frame of mind in the Brawn team at the moment that he just let it slide.
    The other thing I’ve noticed is that although a lot of people have written Rubens off for the championship already and are purely looking at Jenson, Rubens himself still believes he is able to challenge his team mate, and I think he’s right. Jenson has been quite lucky in the past two races, especially Malaysia, whereas Rubens hasn’t really shown his hand yet.

12.   12. Posted By: Dave
        Date: April 18th, 2009 @ 3:48 am

“a lot of people have written Rubens off for the championship already and are purely looking at Jenson”

George: Most of what you read/watch about F1 is probably from a British source who only care about British drivers.

Unfortunatley one of James Allens only (and biggest) downfalls.

13.   13. Posted By: Senad
        Date: April 18th, 2009 @ 7:57 am

Nice one James. You didn’t mention Raikkonen one time. Not one time. Well done James.

14.   14. Posted By: James Allen
        Date: April 18th, 2009 @ 7:58 am

Dave, I think you’ll find that I have been posting all weekend about how Rubens would give Jenson a run for his money this weekend and that this was his best opportunity so far to outperform him. He’s qualified ahead of him, so now let’s see what happens in the race.

15.   15. Posted By: JT
        Date: April 18th, 2009 @ 11:30 pm

Still think James was a better commentator than the boyo we have at the moment alongside Brundle! I think we should start a facebook group….”Bring James Allen back”!

16.   16. Posted By: F1ice