F1 World Champion 2014
Lewis Hamilton
A different view of Malaysia 09
A different view of Malaysia 09
Posted By:   |  11 Apr 2009   |  6:54 pm GMT  |  0 comments

Here is something new, something I’ve been working on for a short while. I hope you like it.

I’ve joined forces with Darren Heath, in my view the number one photographer in F1. He and I started in F1 around the same time, 20 years ago and have been mates ever since.

This is an audio slideshow of the Malaysian GP, with Darren’s photos and my words.

Enjoy and Happy Easter!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOTDQLSgdM]

Tags:
No Comments
  1. Josh says:

Really like that, nice one James & Darren. Absolutely amazing photography there, longtime fan of Darren’s work.

2. JBfan says:

Brilliant!

3. Alan says:

Brilliant, thanks happy Easter to you both.

4. Andrew Halliday says:

Nice one, well done! Good to hear your voice again James!

5. Brian G says:

Great stuff! Cheers and Happy Easter.

6. David Forbes says:

That’s really cool James.

7. Steve says:

Great slideshow, James – a nice reflective piece reminiscent of Eddie Butler’s rugby pieces. How about a podcast with your views on each race as well? Really enjoying the blog – beats everything else out there for analysis of the latest developments in F1. Keep up the good work!

8. Leg-End says:

Excellent stuff James, we need one of these for every round from now on!

9. Jake says:

Haha….nice one James (and Darren) :)

10. guy says:

Great pictures and appropriate commentary. I look forward to more of these race slideshow synopsis’… the guitar work in the score could be better ; )

11. Ace Best says:

Wow..Please send my salutation to Mr. Heath..I always..always love the images he put in F1 Racing magz…

And good job,James,love the slideshow…

12. Andy Taylor says:

Sorry James, this is better with no sound.

13. Gary D says:

Wonderful. Thanks James. Now here’s a challenge… do one of these covering the goings on in Paris on April 29! ;)

14. Great montage. I think this is the way forward. collaborative new forms of telling stories. I have long admired your work and look forward to featuring your work in one of my magazines.
    cheers. bring on china. and be fearless in your analysis. you have nothing to lose but your journalistic integrity and everything to gain including becoming the voice through which many people and new fans see f1.

15. Mark says:

I’m a massive fan of Darren’s work. As an amateur photographer, I truly appreciate the creativity and composition Darren delivers. I’d love to meet him at a race and just listen to whatever advice he’d be willing to share. And shooting F1 around the world must be a tough but incredibly rewarding job.

Great kudos, for combining your voice and insight with Darren’s evocative photos. Perhaps you’d make this a regular event? Please!

Mark

16. Frenchie says:

Hi James,

Good to hear you again! Great pics too.

Brawn GP on a different planet – could this be due to the holes Rory Byrne is talking about on autosport.com http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74409 ?

17. Ace says:

Happy Easter to you too James.:)

I’m sorry, but (in my lowly opinion of course) this didn’t really work for me. I felt the images suffered a little too much (maybe the video compression?), and the script and music seemed a bit too romantic/poetic/dramatic for my taste.

Having said that, I couldn’t do any better…

18. Patrice Ici says:

Shame you couldn’t include an “it certainly is” for old times’ sake :)

19. gareth price says:

Nice one James and Darren!

20. Oliver M says:

Amazing photographs from Darren!

Love your website James! Though I have limited internet access at work, a friend emails me your stories every day :)

21. Charles says:

Cheesy music, but great pictures and nice commentary.

22. Aaron James says:

The fan’s favourite commentator produces the goods once again. Top banana mate.

23. Pete says:

That’s pretty cool!

24. Bludd says:

Technically the Audio quality is lacking, but other than that it was good.

25. floydthebarber71 says:

well that was a little weird. but truly amazing photography.

26. Albo says:

Great video James, thanks. Awesome pictures and really good story telling. I hope you can do one of these at the end of every race, and then a massive one at the end of the season, in the form of a season review!

27. Tim Lumley says:

Absolutely stunning James, what a fantastic take on a Grand Prix weekend, hope to see more throughout the season.

I’ve been an admirer of Darren’s work for some years, he is THE photographer for F1 no one better in my view.

Happened to be in Chipping Camden last August and was lucky enough to see his exhibition which was awesome

28. Zera says:

Wonderful pictures. I think my favourite are the driver’s portraits towards the end, they really say a lot *adores the Nico picture*

Great work, and happy Easter to you too!

29. kaushal says:

I didn’t liked it James. Where is that intensity in your voice which used to be till last when u were in ITV..I used to download ITV broadcast after every F1 race so that I can hear your commentatory,as Slater’s & Chandhok coverage of F1 in Star sports is a nightmare for every F1 Fan here in South Asia

30. Joe says:

Great work guys! Really impressive stuff – really creative.

Nice to hear your voice again. I’ve still got Brazil 2008 saved on sky plus and I’ve just watched the final lap once more and I would just like to say how absolutely brilliant your commentary was. The words that came out of yours and Martin’s mouths just added immense drama to the whole occasion and you did a great job of keeping yourself together in what must have been an incredibly exciting moment for you when you saw Lewis and Vettel pass Glock. One of THE sporting moments of my life and thanks for making it so memorable.

You deserve that BAFTA you mentioned enormously!

31. Spike says:

“Get me out of here” lol

Nice job. We want one for China as well!

32. caanan says:

Beautiful photography and nice commentary.

Happy Easter!

33. Peter says:

Nice work gents!

34. Phil Leeson says:

Awful.

35. Alex says:

Awkward, better without the words.

36. tapyarg says:

Excellent, thanks so much for to both you and Darren for taking the time and effort to put that together.

37. Obster says:

Well done, guys-great.

38. Sean Joseph Healy says:

You’re cool

39. Peter says:

Brilliant montage! On that Rory Byrne thing, it’s another desperate argument personally from Ferrari. It’s another “we didn’t think of it so it has to be illegal” attitude. Some might say it’s a bit rich considering the “cheating” accusations that went on at Benetton in 1994, when Byrne was chief designer there. I’m a huge Byrne fan, because him Brawn, Todt and Schumacher created the ultimate dream team that I will forever remember, but I am so with Ross Brawn on this one.

40. Kris says:

Am actually inclined to agree. Great pictures but probably better with no sound. The music and words don’t seem to add much to the experience.